6.01.2009

To The Lake We Go

My friend Melissa over at "Spoiled Mommy" took her family fishing last week and it inspired me to take my munchkins for a fun outing! We found out the fishing lines were tangled, our fishing licenses were expired and we didn't know where the tackle box was... go figure.

We decided we could still go to the lake and play. Want to come along?

Let's hit that open road!


Look we made it! And no one complained the entire way!


I see water, how exciting! (you can tell we've been in the desert too long)


The water was a perfect temperature, time for some swimming.


Let's relax and enjoy the scenery!


Here's what we see from our lounge chair, so pretty.


I think the munchkin is enjoying himself :)


Oh look! A mermaid washed up on shore!


It was such a nice afternoon relaxing in the sun.


What did you do this weekend? Today the munchkins and I are off to the movie theatre to enjoy some air conditioning! My hubby will be home nursing the nice red sunburn he got from our day at the lake :( We had such a good time playing up there that next weekend we're going back with a BBQ and some friends! Hope you all have a wonderful week.

au revoir, adieu, ciao, till next time...

Photobucket

15 comments:

Just A Mom (Call me JAM for short) said...

What an appropriate name for the lake, "Lake Pleasant"! Looks like a beautiful place to go and relax.

Love the pics!

theglassdragonfly said...

That looks like a great day!! Starr and I lived in northern Phoenix for many years, but I don't ever remember going to the lake. *kicks self* We totally should have!

In fact, we didn't even go to the Grand Canyon until three years after we moved to Colorado!

I blame it on being a single mom...

♥spoiled mommy♥ said...

Ohhhh, that looks awesome!!
Love the mermaid picture and the toes & pail...adorable!!
Looks like a fun and relaxing time.

He And Me + 3 said...

Looks like a blast. Beautiful pictures. We love the water too. How refreshing in your hot climate.

Anissa said...

Beautiful! Looks like a wonderful place to relax. The kids looked like they had a wonderful time. So sorry hubby got a bad burn. TFS enjoy the movie.

E @ Scottsville said...

Oh, that does look SOOO relaxing. Nice pedicure, by the way. =0)

Now I wanna go swim again!

Carrie said...

cute pic of your pink piggies ;)

Those are awesome shots...can I come next weekend? heehee!

{i use Picasa to edit my photos...it's easy and it's FREE!}

Martha (FL) said...

Looks like a great time. Tara has always wanted to go fishing... I don't fish!

Yaya said...

That water looks amazing!

And an ORANGE bucket! Whoo hoo!

Queenie Jeannie said...

Fun pictures!!! I love your pretty, painted toes too! What movie did you go see?

underthebigbluesky said...

your water is so clean. we do not get that here.

it's super hot here today, so i am envious!

dood1ebugs said...

Sounds like a great trip! Its nice to have asuch a beautiful spot close to home! Happy Blogoversary a little early!

Debbie said...

Those are great photos. Looks like the perfect place to spend a day.

Teena in Toronto said...

Looks like fun!

It's still waaaaaaaaaaaay too cold to be swimming here yet :(

online dating said...

Nice weekend, great picture. I like to see. See you on my blog also. thanks