6.09.2009

End of a Long Summer Day

What do you do at the end of a long day?

Some soak in a bubbly tub (not me, kids would jump in with snorkel gear!) Some rest in a comfy chair with a book (nope, hubby would remind me of the pants he needs clean for work tomorrow!) Some would play a fun game of catch with their kids (i wish! The dogs always run in and steal the ball!)

So... what's this mom to do on a LONG summer day, when I have cleaned the house top to bottom, my munchkins have struck every nerve I have and the dogs keep barking at God knows what?!?


You pop open a bottle of Corona, add a lime, put on a kids movie (so they'll actually leave me alone for once today!!!) and catch up on some blog reading :)

au revoir, adieu, ciao, till next time...

Photobucket

19 fabulous comments:

Mom24 said...

Sounds pretty lovely. I'm so jealous that you're in "summer" mode. Three more days, three more days, three more...

Anissa said...

Yummy -- I love Coronas -- Pass me one!

E @ Scottsville said...

That's exactly what I do... minus the Corona... plus a BIG RED (which is another TEXAS thing)...

and can I have your super cute pink laptop? Pretty please?

Erica

underthebigbluesky said...

AHHHHHH.....HEAVEN.

but i would need some nachos to go with that corona of course.

camerapatty said...

Does a Diet Pepsi Lime while reading your blog and BBQing dinner count?

Hope you thoroughly enjoy your Corona!

Scent-sationally yours,
Patty

theglassdragonfly said...

Sounds like a plan to me. And a good one at that!

Carrie said...

Yes, cute laptop! I do the same with an iced coffee :) LOL at the dogs and kids trying to ruin your moments...they do that...but we love them still ;)

kimert said...

Ahhhhh peace! ;)
I like to sit down with either my bottled water or diet dr pepper and the laptop to catch up on blogging and facebook. Good times!!

fraizerbaz said...

That does sound delicious! But Miller Lite and lime just doesn't sound the same as Corona and lime, does it?

Stacie said...

What a relaxing picture! haha

I've nominated you for an award on my site!

American in Norway said...

THinking I will open a bottle of wine tonight... maybe even a loooong bath.

Scary Mommy said...

I love the idea of Coronas, but never quite acquired the taste. I'm all over Sangria during the summer- YUM!

Scary Mommy said...

I love the idea of Coronas, but never quite acquired the taste. I'm all over Sangria during the summer- YUM!

Queenie Jeannie said...

You have a pink computer!!! LOVE IT!! But I prefer Michelob, but it's all good!

I bet the house looks all spiffy and incredible!

Penny Lane said...

Mmmmm Corona with lime! Yum! Enjoy the blog surfing and your adult beverage of choice, Lizzie. And might I add, I love the pic. Pictures always make blog entries more interesting to me. I'm a visual girl.

Yaya said...

Sounds wonderful!

B said...

HEY! How did you get in my house to take that picture!? Daisy the Wonder Dawg is fallin' down on her security position...lazy critter.

Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) said...

I know! I know! You can come help me clean my house top to bottom...oh, wait, you weren't asking for more things to do, were you? (grin!!!)

Corona absolutely has to have the lime! Perfect! :)

Martha in PA said...

Oh Corona, that reminds me, I left some behind in the fridge in FL. I meant to get rid of them.... I sat outside ALONE on the patio and actually READ a few pages of a book last evening, before Tara YELLED for a towel from the bathtub, then the spell was broken!