6.08.2009

Shootin' Hoops Downtown

This weekend a friend of mine called and said "Hey, I have free tickets to see the opening night game for the WNBA Phoenix Mercury, want to come?" um... YEAH!

We were up in the nose bleed section, but we didn't care. Sporting events are always so much fun because of the energy & excitement in the crowd.

The home team won, and we even got free T-shirts for the start of the season! It was such a good evening with family and friends.

Don't worry, my hubby is NOT in pain... He just didn't smile in time. My mini-munchkin is however in pain. "Mommy, I don't wanna take a picture!!!"

*by the way, don't know if you can tell. BUT for the first time in YEARS i can see my body getting smaller! i saw this picture and shouted "i can actually see myself 20 pounds lighter!"

au revoir, adieu, ciao, till next time...

Photobucket

17 fabulous comments:

fraizerbaz said...

20

fraizerbaz said...

What I was trying to say was....

20 pounds is a major accomplishment!

Congratulations!!!

(I love your new blog layout, by the way!)

Martha in PA said...

Free is always FUN! I was just thinking this morning that I want to take Tara to a baseball game. Phila has a new baseball stadium since we moved!

You look great. I'm getting to the point of being ready to start hitting the fitness center,etc.

kimert said...

You look fantastic!!!! :)

Mom24 said...

How exciting. You should be so proud of yourself. 20 lbs. is terrific.

Carrie said...

So fun...and FREE! I love going to sporting events, too, even if I don't know what's going on! You look awesome! Great job...and great pic!

MamabearMills said...

hey thanks for stopping by my blog and giveaways!!! i commented by you at SITS and went to click on your name to say hey....then i saw it was you! haha...ok sorry for rambling.

Ann said...

Going to a live sporting event is SO MUCH fun!!! I'm so glad you were able to go.

And hey, look at the waist of yours! Good job. You look great :->

(Always, your music is OUTSTANDING!)

Penny Lane said...

Congrats on your weight loss. You look great! Before I read the comment about your hubby not being in pain, I was going to ask if he had a bad night. Glad to know that wasn't the case. Sounds like fun was had all around, with the exception of your mini-munchkin ;)

theglassdragonfly said...

That does sound like a fun night! I like going to those kinds of things, but haven't in years and years...I'm wondering why. : )

20 lbs is awesome!! WTG!

camerapatty said...

Congrats on the weight loss Lizzie. Your hubby does have quite an expression on his face. LOL

Wishing you a scent-sational day!
Patty

Just A Mom (Call me JAM for short) said...

You should be soooo proud of yourself. What an accomplishment with the weight loss!

Hee hee, got a kick out of the comment about your hubs. Yeah, he doesn't look too happy there!

Just A Mom (Call me JAM for short) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Debbie said...

Congrats on your weight loss! That is a wonderful accomplishment.

underthebigbluesky said...

a night out, awesome,


ummm, why am i not following your weight loss lead, can you drive out to maryland and kick my butt, please!

Yaya said...

I think the pic is adorable!

B said...

Good thing you were facing the camera otherwise you would have disappeared! Skinny mini.