6.18.2009

Inspiration, Goals, Weight Update & Other Fatty Things

In April of this year I finally got mad enough at my weight to really do something about it. I started out at 210 pounds and now 10 weeks later I am 186 pounds (yeah I know... should I really be sharing the actually numbers with you? Well, it helps keep me accountable.) 24 pounds lighter, yet I still have a ways to go.

One of the key's to my success so far has been my emotions. I used to try and lose weight for the wrong reasons: love, affection, attention, happiness... Nope, never worked. It wasn't until I decided to do it for ME that I saw results.

A few of my fellow blogger buddies have asked what my weigh loss regimen is. So here you go...

I joined a local Weight Watchers group and completely changed my eating habits. I used to eat fast food every day, shameful I know. And now I snack on cut up fruits and veggies from my fridge. I don't eat perfect all the time, but I make a conscious effort to make good choices.

Some simple changes our family has made are switching white rice for brown rice, eating more salads, not using mayonnaise, and the biggest help for me: Not eating out all the time.

Another big change was joining a gym, and actually going! At first every part of me hurt, but slowly it got easier and easier. Soon a habit had formed and now when I miss a day I feel SO guilty.

I try and work out at least 4 days a week, and on days when I just can't I do something physical (walk the dogs, ride bikes with the kids, do sit ups in the living room, etc.)

I wish there was an easy way to lose weight,
to build muscle mass and lose fat. The real answer is it takes hard work, and patience because it doesn't happen over night. I wish it did!

There is a long road ahead still, but I'll make it one pound at a time :) So what's my goal weight? Not sure... I am more concerned with being fit and strong. I want muscle, I want to be toned, I want my body to look like p!nk:




DO you have any tips, struggles, or successes you'd like to share?

au revoir, adieu, ciao, till next time...

Photobucket
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

17 fabulous comments:

Tina said...

Congrats Dear! I'm so proud of you, mainly because I know how every pound that comes off, makes you see yourself in a better light. You're not just losing weight, you're gaining that "inner self-confidence" that seems to pack up and move away when we don't feel good about ourselves. Losing weight doesn't solve all our problems, just helps us realize we can accomplish great things when we put our minds to it. And you're right, IT'S NOT EASY!!! WAY TO GO! What a great example you are to your young children! By changing some of your "not so good" eating habits, you're likely changing bad habit they would be forming and struggling with the rest of their lives. So what you're doing does matter!! Not just for you, but your entire family. Keep taking one small step each day.....before you know it, you'll be blogging us all to say you've crossed the finish line!

Mom24 said...

I am so impressed! You never in a million years look like you weighed your starting weight--I know, I weigh your starting weight, plus 10. I'm going to try really hard to use you to motivate me.

Keep it up, you're doing great. :-)

kimert said...

Keep it up girl!! You are doing fantastic!!!

I wish the lbs would fall off for me! So far I have been at it for 7 weeks and still only down 13 lbs. FRUSTRATING! But what feels good is knowing that working out in the gym is changing my shape, slowly but surely.

:)

Yaya said...

Good job on your recent weight loss!

I try not to compare myself to celebrities and such because they have all day every day with personal trainers and personal chefs and dietitians to help them (and if that doesn't work they can pay for surgery...) so they aren't realistic.

I'm bad with fast food too.

blueviolet said...

I like your attitude! I've heard Weight Watchers really does a great program.

camerapatty said...

It takes courage to lose weight and even more so to post those numbers. A big Congrats to you. You have done really well. After my visit to the doctor today, I need to join you on the quest to a healthier and lighter person.

Wishing you a scent-sational day!
Patty Reiser

MamabearMills said...

i love Pink! did you know that i have a huge wooden pilates machine at my house that i havent even touched?!!? i used to teach it and i don't even have the drive to get on! so i guess you're living thru my IMac in me now??!??! LOL

He And Me + 3 said...

Lizzie,

that is awesome. Keep it up. I am very impressed. I love WW. Just not motivated enough to do it again. Yet. But you are encouraging me.

Ann said...

You are on a fantastic path. Good for you Lizzie!

Pink is a totally inspiration. What I've come to peace with is that I know I won't look exactly the way I want to, but I feel stronger than I have in the past. THAT is something that I'm very proud of.

We can get stronger everyday Lizzie! We can do it :->

Carrie said...

Wow, that's awesome! I {shamefully} eat out way too much! I love eating healthy, but you're right when you say it takes work...It's much too convenient to just stop somewhere when we're out and about..when i should be packing our snacks! Great job...I hope to do better, thanks for the inspiration! Keep it up! {Pink will be so jealous!}

E @ Scottsville said...

Dang, don't we all wish we looked like Pink. She's got THE BEST ABS. Ugggh. *sigh*

Great job you're doing! Keep up the good work, and I agree that blogging it makes you know people are paying attention and helps you keep it up!

Kelly said...

This is awesome! Great job. No mayo though? I would starve!! Okay, maybe I won't STARVE, but...

Anissa said...

Way to go -- after surgery I will get back on the wagon. I can't work out my stomach right now -- but wait until after I get better.

Midwest Mommy said...

Awesome! I got all honest on my blog and posted my numbers. It helped me remember a lot of people on the internets knew my number and I didn't want to go back up.

The waiting game is the worst!

Martha in PA said...

Great job. This is the week that I HOPE to start getting to the complex fitness center. First I have to buy sneakers!! My eating it definitely better since we moved, less frequent fast food, iced coffees and sweet teas, less mindless eating as we eat all our meals at the table, not in front of the TV... I need to go to our storage unit and get on the scale!

Penny Lane said...

Good for you! That's awesome! I workout, too. I usually do tapes by the Firm, as you know, but my knees haven't been playing nice lately, and I've been subbing some Leslie Sansone walking DVD's. She gets me sweating, so as long as I'm moving, I think I'm doing ok. Food is the struggle for me, not the fitness. I love junk, and like so little that's good for me, but I try to make small changes here and there. It's all we can do.

Bonnie said...

First off, sharing the number is a great motivation tool..I did in one of my Battle of the Bulge posts and I do not regret it.

We are around the same weight (your lighter!!). I too have changed my way of thinking completely.

Now exercise is all about how healthy it will help me become.


Thanks for sharing your story and I'd love to take the journey with you.