6.02.2009

Neighborhood Visit

*Ding Dong* The door bell rings

"BARK BARK BARK" The dogs go crazy (as always. darn door bells!)

"I'll get it, better not be a dumb salesman... Again." Hubby grunts as he gets up to answer

*quiet muffles are heard from the front door*

"Mama, There's a surprise at the front door!!" My munchkin shouts as he's running full speed to share his excitement with me.

*I get up from my computer to check out the perplexing scene at my front door*

"Welcome to the neighborhood!" A sweet elderly couple hands me a WARM, FRESH BAKED APPLE PIE!



On an unrelated note, the picture below is what we will be having for dinner. Oh yeah babe, Those yummy apples have made my entire house smell like I cook :)



I love our new neighborhood :)

au revoir, adieu, ciao, till next time...

Photobucket

14 comments:

♥spoiled mommy♥ said...

awww-thats so sweet!!
its nice when people still do things like that-it doesnt happen often.
dinner??? lol

kimert said...

That is just so nice!!!
I was thinking that maybe I'd do something for the new folks that moved in just recently.

Carrie said...

What great neighbors! Those are the best! Our neighbors across the street are elderly and both our dogs are named Skipper! But we lived here before they did...and I didn't leave them an apple pie...oops! ha ha! it's great to know your neighbors, though, so sweet!

theglassdragonfly said...

What a wonderful surprise! That does sound like a nice place to live.

Elena said...

I love your neighbors already and I don't even know them. How sweet is that??

JAN'S PLACE said...

Wow.. you picked a good neighborhood, as good neighbors ares worth their weight in Gold!

I have great neighbors on one side, the very best you could want. On the other side I have a not so terrific neighbor...

Mom24 said...

That's so great. What a wonderful welcome.

Teena in Toronto said...

That's soooo nice!

Happy blogoversary!

kyooty said...

Where exactly do you live? and how do I find these neighbours?

Queenie Jeannie said...

Oh how nice!!!! That is the way it SHOULD be, but hardly ever is. You are the lucky family today!

cherish.photography said...

that is awesome!

Rosie said...

that was so nice of them! There's nothing better than a hot apple pie...well, unleass it's hot apple pie and a glass of wine!

Anissa said...

That was sweet! Don't you just love neighbors like that.

kate said...

Congrats on your one year anniversary! You are such an amazing woman- it's no wonder so many people are drawn to you! It makes me sad that you left SC just as we were getting here, I wish we could have hung out more! BUT, it sounds like you are making a wonderful home and life for you and your family and you seem so content with that life these days! Keep up the great work!

And, wow, how sweet of your neighbors!