6.11.2009

HOME TOUR! (living area edition)

Welcome everyone! I hope you enjoy your tour of our house. I know some of you have been waiting to see the "finished product" for some time now. Sorry! I couldn't let you come in till I had it all shiny, clean and in order. Let's start in the front room, just as you enter the front door:

A little over a year ago my hubby bought me my own piano, I still get giddy when I see it waiting for me each new day!


On the opposite wall is our life in pictures! I love the quote, sums it up perfectly I think.


Just next to my piano is a comfy place to read a good book, I love sitting here.


So you think I'm human... here is my MESSY office just off the piano room.


A cute sitting area in my office, or as my kids call it "the timeout chair!"


Past the office we come upon the kitchen! I have actually been cooking in here *shocking*


Above the garage door entrance in the kitchen I added this stencil.


Next to the kitchen is our dining room, those cushions are a PAIN to keep clean!


Out of the dining room we see the TV nook, I still have to hang those iron art pieces behind the topiarys.


Living room sitting area, there is a wonderful piece of art waiting for me to hang behind the couch.


Beside the couch is another hidden sitting area, great for blogging, homework, or setting your drinks :)


And finally the bookcase, don't the dogs look thrilled about your visit?!

I hope you have enjoyed your little tour of our home. The bedrooms aren't quite done yet, I promise to show them to you once they are in ship shape:) See ya, next time!

au revoir, adieu, ciao, till next time...


Photobucket

20 comments:

Penny Lane said...

I definitely enjoyed the tour! You're a wonderful guide. I think your kitchen is my favorite room. It's sorta similar to mine. We're sharing a kitchen brain :D

This is a great idea. Mind if I nab it?

kimert said...

It is beautiful!! You've inspired me with your picture wall. :)

Carrie said...

Love the picture wall and your piano! What a pretty room! The kitchen and living room look inviting and comfy! Love it! So when do we come over ;) haha! Great tour...look forward to the rest! Looks like you've been busy!

{btw - don't worry about playing 'tag'! I usually cheat and don't tag people, but just wanted to mention your name...so no worries, just for fun, if you feel like it!}

camerapatty said...

You have a beautiful house. I especially love the quote on the wall surrounded by all the family photos.

Looking forward to the bedrooms one they are ship shape.

Wishing you a scent-sational day!
Patty

Trooper Thorn said...

When I see those photos, in my head they are backed up with Chantal Kreviazuk's song, "Feels Like Home To Me." Maybe you could have that playing in the front foyer when people first walk in.

Queenie Jeannie said...

You have a gorgeous house!!! I love your "messy" office and your livingroom rug. You have spectacular taste!!!!!

Anissa said...

You did a great job! I'm fixing to start painting and decorating -- Its just a rent house so I can only paint white -- which is a good thing __LOL -- because I would be changing it all time.

Love the piano my kids want one so bad.
TFS can't wait to see the rooms.

MamabearMills said...

omg that dude left a comment on yours too!!??! i was like who the hell is that>! lmfao...and he says he wants a lil kids hat! weirdo! watch, i bet random generator is gonna pick him! great! ill totally redo it this time if it does! hahahhahahah

Kat said...

I so LOVE the picture wall. That is such a great idea. You have a truly beautiful house and I love your colors!!

He And Me + 3 said...

Beautiful house. I love that table behind the couch. That is my next want for my house. Very cool. thanks for the tour.

Melissa said...

Your home is very cozy and inviting. Thank you for sharing.

JAN'S PLACE said...

I love what you have done... beautiful,

Jan

Bonnie said...

Comfy, comfy and so welcoming.

Great Job Lizzie setting up your new home.

Thanks so much for letting us take a peak.

over the summer this was my plan, a home tour..copying Carrie over at Martin Manor Happenings.

Tina said...

Wow, the house is BEAUTIFUL! You've done such a nice job, Dear! And I love the vibrant color scheme thru-out the house - lots of beautiful colors just like my "girl" has inside her! Congrats on all your hard work making a lovely home for your family!

kate said...

It looks fantastic Liz! Sad to say it looks like you have done more decorating in the short time that you have live dthere then I have done sin ce we moved in NINE months ago!!! Thanks for sharing!

Just A Mom (Call me JAM for short) said...

Loved the tour. You have a gorgeous home. And I love the different colors you have on your walls.

Martha in PA said...

Your home is beautiful! I love the sofa table, I want to get one of those for behind our sofa.

underthebigbluesky said...

so when are you coming to do my house?

SKELLER said...

I love home tours!! And your new place is shaping up beautifully!!!

dood1ebugs said...

I love what I saw and I can't wait to one day see it in person! Kent wants to see Zanes room.