6.24.2009

Zoos, Jobs, & Butts, OH MY!

It's been a few days since I have written, you know what that means... Things are going on! First of all Father's Day was wonderful. We took my hubby to the Phoenix Zoo for the day. I know most of you are thinking "Why take him to a kids place? Wouldn't he rather play a round of golf?" True, but I am the decision maker around here (sometimes) and Fathers Day was 99 degrees. This week will end at about 110 degrees and I wasn't about to miss the last double digit day of the summer!! The mini-munchkin had this fascination with posing with goats, check it out:



***************

Oh I also learned an interesting piece of information this week, my hubby hates his new job! Yeah, that has been messing with my head big time. You see, when you uproot your entire family for the prospect of a better career, life, brighter tomorrow, and it doesn't seem that has been accomplished it kind of puts a damper on your spirit. So now what? Well, we have a 2 year contract with this company and we agreed to re-evaluate the situation later. The main reason this causes me stress is because my hubbys job is very location specific so if he were to go somewhere else to do the same thing we'd have to move pretty far, most likely back east. I am an adventurous type, and LOVE new places, I just hate packing and unpacking over and over! But, I would much rather move again soon then have an unhappy, grouchy hubby.

***************

Weight loss update, down another 3 pounds bringing my grand total to 27 pounds lost! I am thrilled, but secretly REALLY frustrated. After all this work I am still the same pants size, yup seriously!! What is the deal with my Butt?

***************

Fun things are coming up! The munchkins and I will be flying back to South Carolina in 2 weeks to visit my parents and some of my girlfriends. (I can't wait to see you guys!!) I am looking forward to the lovely marsh lands, southern food, and Spanish moss. YIPPY!



I never expected to miss the south so much. Just goes to show you that this California girl can love 2 coastlines :) I hope you all have a wonderful week.

au revoir, adieu, ciao, till next time...

Photobucket

20 fabulous comments:

valentine said...

glad you guys had a great fathers day, i can not even imagine 110 degrees! that is just too hot! LOL

sorry to hear the hubs doesn't like his job, there is nothing worse than having a grumpy hubs because he hates what he does (def. been there)

hope you have fun with your family and friends.

Mom24 said...

Lizzie,
I'm so sorry that your hubby's having a hard time. I know what it's like to have one who is not happy with his career--not fun. Maybe in time he will like it better, maybe it's an adjustment thing? Still, maybe you can help him see in the grand scheme of things two years isn't that long. Of course, I know it's an eternity when you're not happy.

Good luck.

Congrats on your continues weight loss. I am so impressed with you. You are amazing. Keep it up, the pants size will drop eventually. A long time ago when I lost a lot of weight, a wise person told me that although it might seem like I hadn't changed sizes, the way the clothes fit me had probably changed a lot. She was definitely right. I had squeezed myself into my clothes for so long I had forgotten clothes didn't have to fit like that.

Little Miss Baker said...

dang girl that is HOT!!! but that last picture sure is beautiful~ I love it! Keep up the weight loss too. You''re an inspiration to all. Especially me; who can't seem to find her place AWAY from the oven :)

Kelly said...

Anything under 100 degrees is doable in Phoenix! Here? Not so much!

Sorry that your husband is frustrated with work!

We used to love the Phoenix Zoo, we also really liked going to the Wildlife World Zoo. It is smaller and not nearly as pretty, but the animals are closer and easier to see.

Have you been to the Arizona Science Center? Starr used to love going there. It's air conditioned...

Debbie said...

I am sorry to hear that about your husband's job. What a bummer.
I love the south! I couldn't be happy anywhere else.

MindyLew said...

Thanks for stopping by - Your trip to the Zoo seemed like a lot of fun- I feel for you on the moving thing - UGH!! I hate moving!! :}

dood1ebugs said...

counting down the days to you come "home"

blueviolet said...

My husband and moved 17 times in 17 years. Now finally we've been settled for the last 10 and probably will be here for the duration. But, I actually love moving. The excitement of exploring a new place was always so much fun for me!

Bonnie said...

Sorry to hear your struggling with the job thing.

Great job on the weightloss. I have opposite results...no poundage lost but lots of inches!

110 degrees???? oh my, yup Canada still looks good to me but I have always wanted to visit the south but I may stay out of the desert!

Carrie said...

Yahoo...27 pounds! Great job...butt or not! ha ha!

Sounds like a great day...but wow, that is a scorcher! It's been in the 90's here too and it's miserable, our pool is even hot!

Sorry about the job, know how that is...but hope things will look up!

Penny Lane said...

I do love the way the moss hangs from the trees in the south. It's one of the reasons I love New Orleans so much (one of many). Enjoy your trip! Sorry to hear your hubby doesn't like his job. Maybe it will get better? You can always hope.

camerapatty said...

Ah, yes how I too miss the double digit temps. We shall not see them again til September maybe? LOL

Packing, moving and unpacking really bites the big one. Had to do it twice in to months. Enogh to last me a life time.

May you and your family find some peace and happiness until the next adventure takes shape.

Wishing you a scent-sational Tuesday!

http://camerapatty.wordpress.com/2009/06/25/potd-creativity/

kate said...

First, congrats on the continual weight loss, I am so impressed! And Oh man, can I relate to the whole job situation!!! We have been in the evaluating phase for a little while now and it doesn't look good. Pete does not have any contract, so technically he could leave anytime he wanted to...the idea of having to go through that whole sell the house, pack and move, find a new house, unpack, get settled meet new friends etc...again is almost too much to think about, so I try not to, even though it is looking like a strong possibility!

When are you going to be in sc?!!! I would love to see you and the kids! I am sure you have a full schedule planned, but if you are able to squeeze in any time, I ouwld love to make a visit happen somehow! Let me know your details...

E @ Scottsville said...

So you must be toning up and getting a tighter butt even if you haven't dropped a pants size, huh?

Don't you wish we could move what we don't like in one part of our bodies onto other parts??? I'd love to take some of my gut and add it to my ARMS! or CALVES! Ugggh.

Oh well. Enjoy your trip back to S.C. Sounds fun!

Melissa said...

I am thinking about you...glad that you are continuing to post and share your fellings with us all. I understand and hopt that something will work out for him. Hubby not happy - it affects the whole family. and vice versa huh?!! Take care.

Queenie Jeannie said...

Yay on the weightloss!!! You're so DOING it girl!!

Where in SC?? Be sure to wave in my direction, ok?

Anissa said...

Zoo picture are cute! Sorry to hear hubby does not like his job -- that makes it hard.
Have a wonderful time in South Carolina.

♥spoiled mommy♥ said...

Oh what an amazing last picture!! I love it so much!!
I got your comment, wow cant wait for you to come HOME!!!Sorry the hubs isnt happy, nothing worse than not be happy with what you do. Sucks about the house too...but I know it was all a big MAYBE so i will keep my fingers crossed.
xoxo

Martha in PA said...

woo hoo on the weight loss... i keep hoping each week gets me closer to being able to focus on me..... MUST BY SNEAKERS this WEEKEND.

underthebigbluesky said...

sorry. sorry. sorry. this so sucks. you must truly hate moving, but having a happy family is pretty important isn't it!

i'm so proud of your weight loss thing. i am vowing to try AFTER I return from my aunt's this weekend.

we all hate our butts. we should start a club. i bet we'd have a gazillion members.