8.09.2011

30 Days About Me (Something I Hate)

I HATE people who don't treat their animals well. I HATE seeing abandoned dogs wondering the streets. I HATE that the shelter systems are over flowing with dogs that people just decided not to care for anymore. I HATE that I can't do more...


Some of you may know that I make natural doggie soap. My company, Trois Amis Soap, wanted to do something to help animals in need so I teamed up with "Where Hope Lives" and created the HOPE & SOAP EVENT. 


For the last 2 months Trois Amis Soap has been contributing 100% of our profit to “Where Hope Lives.” This organization was started to stop the suffering of animals in rural shelters and small communities. They offer free spay & neuter to low income families. They also do community outreach, helping the animals that have been abandoned, abused or neglected. This wonderful group needs support and funding to continue making a difference in the lives of our 4 legged friends and those that care for them. 


So what I hate and what I love are very closely linked. I hate seeing animals in need and no one to help them, I love being able to make a difference, even if it is a small one. I will continue to donate all my profits from soap sales until August 15, 2011. Please spread the word about The Hope & Soap Event and help make a puppy smile today.


ok, I admit this is a shameless plug for a fund raiser I am doing. and my company web site has a cute little button right over there
-------------------------------------->
just incase you would like to help :) but really this issue has a lot of "HATES" in it that drive me crazy every day. I am passionate about these Hates and I try to do all I can to help. My husband and I drive up to our local shelter once a month and donate bags of dog food and play with the animals. They just want someone to love, they deserve it! 


Some of the faces we are all fighting for: 


  



30 Days About Me




au revoir, adieu, ciao, till next time... 
Photobucket

11 comments:

blueviolet said...

You are so fabulous!!!!

Lianne said...

Aw, shameless plug or not - very nice!!!

My hubby's new passion in life are black cats in shelters and how "unadoptable" they are. He would adopt them all if I would let him - and he wasn't allergic!!!

Toni said...

AMAZING. I love that your hate fuels your love!

Lizzie said...

so are you!

kimert said...

Breaks my heart seeing all those poor animals. And you are awesome!

Ann said...

Oh my gosh Lizzie, you are terrific! I will spread the word about your worthy event.

My 13 y/o watches "Animal Cops" and I just don't know how her heart can take it - she cries but just wants to see how it turns out. I get too weepy and angry. How can people be beyond apathetic about what they do to animals? Ugh.

OK, going to spread the word now about The Hope & Soap Event!

American in Norway said...

Ahh girl! So good to "see" you again! THanks for popping by!

He & Me + 3 said...

That is an awesome idea! I don't like it that some people are cruel to their pets. IT is very sad.

Donna said...

Okay, I can add this to my very short "hate" list. I always say you can judge a person by the way they treat animals. And I'm a huge dog lover, too! You are doing an amazing thing!

Stopping by via 30 Days... and thanks for stopping by mine blog! :)

Becca said...

I totally agree about animals! And while a lot of people don't abuse their animals...they don't know how to properly care for them and that drives me crazy! I rescued two geckos from Craigslist almost 18 months ago and when I got them...they had to have been close to death. The guy was only feeding them once a month and only giving them heat a few hours a month. I adopted them at over 5 years old (they should have been close to full grown) and they are still growing to this day!

Martha in PA said...

Abused and abandoned animals is so sad. You are awesome!

Mom on Caffeine