8.10.2011

30 Days About Me (Something That Makes My Life Easier)

Something that makes my life easier? Oh Jeez, I don't know!


My first instinct is my Macbook Pro, then my Blackberry. But I don't know if they really make life easier, seems like they actually make it harder at times. Cell phones mean someone can call me no matter where I am and bug me, or ask something of me. Before I could just off and go do whatever and I could choose to deal with a phone call at the end of the day. And my laptop, sure it's easier then going to the "big computer" down in the basement, but since it is so easy to access I am on it all the time! Laundry and dishes pile up and it ultimately makes life more difficult. 


So what really makes my life easier? Winter. 






Let me explain. See this image? This is my house last winter. What do you notice? No lawn to be mowed! No dirt, no sand, no dogs covered in mud! And inside that cozy little cabin you would find kids playing games, in warms sweaters sitting by the fire place (Smaller power bills!) Also, since it's cold and snowy we stay in way more, meaning no expensive dinners out, and if we're not going out we're not changing our clothes as much so less laundry! 

Winter makes my life easier :) 


30 Days About Me




au revoir, adieu, ciao, till next time... 
Photobucket

10 fabulous comments:

Cyn said...

I love this! I actually downgraded from my iPhone to just a regular cellphone last year because it was too easy to get distracted from my "real life" and the people in it. We decided to dial back all technologies (including cable) to get back to spending more time together as a family and it definitely worked.

Mommies 2 Cents said...

That's a great answer! We are in South Florida so I don't get any season's completely off. It is SOO hot in the summer that we stay in a lot but the rain keeps the dog muddy!

Stopping by from 30 days!

Emily said...

Love it! I never thought about winter making life easier, but I guess when you strip away all of the other "things" winter does make things easier. Thanks for making me {almost} look forward to this winter!

Best,
Emily from Nap Time Is My Time

kimert said...

Beautiful! I am ready for winter.... sorta!

blueviolet said...

Your logic makes perfectly good sense to me!

Toni said...

OHHHH now that was a good one and I agree also no bugs either :)

The Not So Perfect Housewife said...

Great post.. though I run away from winter.. thus why we moved from MD to FL.. LOL.

A great way to look at it though :-)

Katie aka Sailors Princess said...

I love your answer. I'm not a big fan of snow, but when you lay out all the reasons, it doesn't sound too bad

Becca said...

I love this post...only because winter is my favorite season. I love cold weather and rain :)

Martha in PA said...

After this freakin' hot summer, (I thought I left days like this summer behind) I can't wait for winter!

Mom on Caffeine