8.03.2011

30 Days About Me (Day 3)

Favorite Television Show...


I'm not the biggest fan of TV these days, I hate the commercials they air durning "family time." It's all scary horror movie previews or foul language or weird 20 somethings making out. My kids don't need to see that! We generally stick to The Discovery Channel, TLC, Travel Channel and the History Channel. 


Gotta start with SWAMP PEOPLE


Everyone in our house loves this show. From the silly ZZ Top looking Guist brothers (who seriously could survive anything!),  down to Troy shouting "Liz-a-beth! Choot'em!!"


I have no clue why I find this show so exciting. It's reality television without all the drama. Just hard working Americans doing what they need to survive. OK, so maybe there is drama, but it's manly drama, ha ha. 




Then there's Bert the Conquerer

This guy cracks me up! Bert Kreischer travels all over America looking for the next big thrill. He has jumped off cliffs in Hawaii,  raced down huge roller coasters in North Carolina and skiied into giant freezing ponds up north. 


Its not so much the places he visits or the thrills he attempts that keep me coming back. It's his scared facial expressions and the girly screams that come out of him! I laugh every time :) 




Since we are knee deep in one of my favorite times of year let's highlight SHARK WEEK.


I love love love Shark Week! Each year I count down as the time gets closer. I have always loved sharks, so mysterious and misunderstood. Plus they're just plain awesome. 


So naturally when Discovery Channel airs an entire weeks worth of shows dedicated to them I am there! I have blogged about Shark Week in the past HERE. Be safe out in that water kiddies! 


There you go, a few of my favorite television shows. Sure I like some of the standard favorites like American Idol and America's Got Talent, but those are more "save me from my boredom" type of shows. 


Happy TV viewing friends. 


Tomorrows topic: Favorite Book




30 Days About Me


au revoir, adieu, ciao, till next time...   
Photobucket

15 comments:

Just A Mom (Call me JAM for short) said...

I've been seeing people all over the place talking about Shark Week. I'm feeling a little left out of the loop. I'm going to have to try and watch some of it to see what everyone is talking about!

Melissa said...

So glad your back girl!

Carissa said...

Because you already have it up and I am behind in commenting I am going to stick with your day 3 post :) I have to agree about the commercials...we are VERY careful what our kids watch and to have a commercial ruin it is not fun.

We love swamp people at our house too! My 4 year olds think it is a riot!

Kimberly @ AllAboutKimberly said...

I've never watched any of those. I'll have to check them out one day.

Kimberly @ Southern Girl Reviews

Joy Williams said...

Swamp People is awesome! I also love Deadliest Catch!

Cyn said...

I've never seen any of those! We actually canceled broadcast TV a couple of years ago and watch everything either on DVD or Netflix. The biggest bonus is definitely no commercials!

Chloe said...

Ahh! We watch Swamp People, too! Of course, I didn't put that on my list either. lol. I have a terrible memory. :)

I'm a new follower.

Donna said...

I love shark week!!!!

Stopping by from My 30 Days

Full Price? NEVER! said...

We all seem to agree that TV is not that important to us. I love the History Channel... I really want to watch the making of the states {or something like that}. I'll have to let my kiddos know about these ones though... I think they would really like them!

Becca said...

It looks like all of your favorites are kind of unscripted. That is pretty cool!

Martha in PA said...

I've never watched any of them!!! I do catch things on those channels though!

You should watch Big Bang Theory, I think that is one that is hard to find on line though....

Farrah said...

Ha! I just finished watching the first season of Swamp People from Netflix with my hubby. At first I wasn't so sure but dern was that funny!

Mine's here: http://farrah.tbfreviews.net/2011/08/30-days-of-me-saturday-mornings/

Lori Vann said...

I had no idea Swamp People was on NetFlix....guess I will be watching that @ night now until my shows come back!

Toni said...

LOVE shark week as well as the channels you mentioned. Not a fan of watching live tv for sure, hate sitting through commercials.

Kat said...

LOVE swamp people (but don't tell!!)