4.02.2009

Inner Peace

What is true inner peace? Can someone really find quiet within their soul? I know I sound kind of deep today. I'm just wondering. I am so blessed, my family is amazing, my life (for the most part) is wonderful. But, there is always that glitter off in the distance, that wild streak in me that wants more. Not more out of life, but more out of me. The list of things I wish I was, or could do is lengthy and seems unattainable.


How do we find rest within ourselves and just be? When I used to do Yoga I felt far more "rested." But these days it brings me nothing. I take a deep breath and chug along. I feel lost, like I'm missing something. But, I am not unhappy at all. How is that?

Do you ever feel this way? Like a feather blowing in the wind.

I often wonder if it's being "just a housewife" that makes me feel like I should be more. Then I look at those sweet faces and all the work that goes into raising them and I feel completely fulfilled.

There must be a way to soak in life's greatness and feel whole, but how? So again I ask what is true inner piece and how do I find it?

Ta Ta for now


Photobucket

11 comments:

Anissa said...

If you find something that works let me know. I know exactly how you feel. Thanks for sharing.

♥spoiled mommy♥ said...

ditto ditto ditto!!!
please let me know when you find it, i was reading this saying yep yep yep all the way through!!

sigh-goodbye to megan...did you not love that dancing-WOW! hahha

MoziEsmé said...

The impossible question! I have my moments when everything feels in place, but then again the other moments are far more frequent.

I do believe the answer lies with God, but part of the answer is that we're always searching...

kate said...

Oh I hear you Liz! I really do. Each day I wake up and think, hum, more laundry, more dishes, more cooking and cleaning. What can I do different today to add some spark to my day? I too wouldn't trade a day of it because I feel so lucky to be able to stay at home and raise our children, but I do feel like I ma missing out on something in life, not because I am not working, but...I just don't know...I did just start a few new hobbies, so maybe that will help me a bit, maybe try somethiung new- belly dancing? Take a little time for yourself today. I hope you are well.

Kelly said...

I wish I knew.

Just A Mom (Call me JAM for short) said...

I'm 50, I'm happy, but I'm still searching...

I like what MoziEsme said,

"I do believe the answer lies with God, but part of the answer is that we're always searching..."

Great post.

isabella mori said...

thanks for stopping by and commenting on the polyvore post. i think i'll go there to play a bit right now ...

ali said...

I ask myself the same things. I think it has something to do with mindfulness:living in this moment and accepting it for what it is.

When I start comparing what I think I want with my life as it really is at this moment is when I start to feel dissatisfied.

ali
http://www.motivatedmama.net

Yaya said...

I recommend buying "follow your north star" by martha beck. It's 3 meditation CD's that take you on a 'journey' for finding out what you need to fulfill your life. I'm due to listen to them again.

underthebigbluesky said...

i can't seem to find mine either and my yoga is letting me down too.

even my meditation is being bombarded with my crazy monkey mind.

you do have a lot going on mama.

maybe it has to do with all the transitions you've had lately.

an holy heck, where in the world did you get that robert pattinson clip?????

it's amazing.

maytepk said...

Dear Lizzie,

I can feel your yearning to deeply explore the meaning of inner peace and I relate very much with the quest of your soul. My life was transformed when I first encountered Peace Pilgrim, a lady who walked a pilgrimage for 28 years, mostly in the United States, with a message of peace. She would share with people she found on the road a booklet she titled, “Steps toward Inner Peace”. She suggested that to attain inner peace we are to actually give our life, bringing into alignment our beliefs and the way we live. I would also like to share with you today one of my ideas, the seeds of inner peace reside within ourselves when we open our hearts in a joyous embracing of all creation.


Mayte Picco-Kline
Author of Wholeness in Living
www.WholenessInLiving.net