4.01.2009

Family Room Decor (with pictures!)

We have a plan for our family room! My hubby and I met with Shannon, our interior decorator (her services were FREE since we bought a couch at La Z Boy!) I am so excited to see this room come together. I am even more excited that my hubby and I agreed on almost everything in the room! The negative to this story is we have to wait 6-8 weeks for our stuff to be delivered, I am hopeful it will come sooner. Here is the plan for the family room, enjoy!

The accent walls are this pretty color called "Eastlake Gold." The main color is a lighter creamy version of this color.

Here is the floor plan! It isn't exact, for example: we will be putting in an L shaped sectional to sit more and the chair will be moved to view the TV a bit better.



(L to R) The artwork is a HUGE 60"x40" piece, to be hung above the couch. Nice side table next to couch. Lamp to sit on side table. Writing desk behind couch. chair, upholstered in a pretty durable blue fabric.


A drawing of our media nook area. We changed the Cabinet to be open on top, and topiary's seen have yet to be found.



(L to R) Two of these iron pieces will flank the media cabinet. Here's what the TV will sit on. The pots I need to plant the topiary's in.

There is a beautiful 8'x10' wool rug going in the center of the room, I can't find a picture of it. But it is oriental style with chocolate brown in the middle and a aquamarine blue along the edges.

Well, there you have it folks! Whatcha think?

Ta Ta for now

Photobucket

13 fabulous comments:

alicew said...

Oh my goodness! Can't wait to see the final outcome...from the sounds of it...it will be delightful! Love those topiary pots!

♥spoiled mommy♥ said...

Looks sweet!!
LOoking forward to the final pictures.

Mom24 said...

So pretty. Great job. :-)

Mrs. Style said...

Love it! I'm going to follow you! Thanks for coming by my blog you happen to be my first since I opened it!

Yaya said...

Very nice! Ooh-la-la!!

When you said "our interior decorator" I was all "WHAT??" lol! But I get it now. ;)

My boss has an interior decorator and her consult hours are $500 and hour. Crazy.

Mrs. Style said...

I'm going to come back from my personal blog to add you to my blog list and follow you. Thanks for sharing your designs.

Debbie said...

I think it says great! Can't wait to see the photos.

Cinnamon said...

Nice! I love how you're putting this all together.
:) Robin
cinnamon & honey

Kelly said...

Exciting. I love to make changes in my home. For now, I have to settle for just some cleaning and moving around of the furniture.

underthebigbluesky said...

you are so very lucky!!!! i need someone to give me some advice. i love the artwork. you must, must, must post pictures!

and don't worry, i'm sure you'll have plenty of things to do while you wait for that rockin' furniture.

Femin Susan said...

Your doing great!! Keep up the good work!

Just A Mom (Call me JAM for short) said...

Oh... it's going to be beautiful!

Femin Susan said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and your kind comment.
Feel free to visit again.
Keep posting...............