1.08.2009

Pig Out Prevention

How do you curb your food cravings? What secret can you share?

I always start my day off great, fruit and/or yogurt for breakfast. A warm cup of green tea, and LOTS of water. Seriously... I go to the restroom like a hundred times, it's rather annoying.

Then comes lunchtime, I skip it (I know, I know, I SHOULD eat then. But, I'm not hungry.)

Then comes 2 PM. Why is 2 PM such a horrible time for me? Everyday around that time I am starving and I PIG OUT LIKE CRAZY!

Guilt fills up in me, "I'm a failure!"

I finish the day by eating well and going to bed saying "Tomorrow I will have NO slip ups, I will make it all day without eating everything in sight."

The next day rolls around and it's the same game, different day. It's like my stomach has split personality disorder. Damn you 2 PM! I loath you!

Any advice on taming the 2 PM monster within me?

Ta Ta for now

Photobucket

8 fabulous comments:

kate said...

Take yourself out of the environment in which you have easy access to all of those guilt ridden foods! Maybe for a week or so try packing upi something healthy around 11 am (when you're not hungry) and around 1:30 head out for an hour or two. Take a walk, go for a drive, bring a book to the park and eat what you packed up earlier while you are out. Also, STOP bringing the foods that are bad for you into the house in the first place! Do your grocery shopping right after a meal when you are full (so you are not tempted by your growling stomach) and stick to the list that you bring (which of course will only have healthy things on it!) I hope this helps!

Mom24 said...

I binge from 2-5. It's stupid. Self-defeating. Aggravating. I don't even know why I do it. I just think I'm not satisfied with the crappy lunches I eat, so I eat all afternoon. It's not a hunger thing, it's looking for satisfaction. I guess I'm going to have to try harder with my lunches.

Good luck.

Yaya said...

Ugg...I know...my thing is I CANNOT join in on the kiddos I nanny for at snack time....too many junkie calories that my metabolism can't burn off.

Maybe try a slimfast? Or a slimfast bar or something? I did good for awhile eating a powerbar at that time....hmmm...maybe I should pick that habit up again!

Queenie Jeannie said...

Um honey?? The reason you go bananas at 2pm is because you didn't eat lunch!!! Your body needs fuel!

Low glycemic carbs, high protein, salad. You CAN do this!!

Another thing is planning your meals in advance. Not only what you're going to eat, but when. Keeping your blood sugar stable by eating every 3 hours will keep you feeling wonderful and prevent those outta control binge cravings!!

Hugs!

Bonnie said...

I would love to give you some tips but I do the same as you. I eat a good breakfast and then get busy with the kids and my day and forget all about lunch. Same thing...2 pm or so I start eating whatever I get my nands on!

I did hear gum helps..lol.

underthebigbluesky said...

Ah! You are so right. I am at work in the afternoon, but it's the time after the girls go to bed that is my insano time. I sit down, read blogs, eat.

I try keeping the food out of the house, but I will continue to eat things because I don't have what I want.

My kids have a two snacks a day rule. They can have two snacks a day and if they use them up early, no dessert.

I think I need to do the same.

I think it's harder in the winter too, when there's not so much good fruits and vegggies and you just want something to warm you up.

I think the answer is willpower, I just don't have it.

If you come up with an answer let me know!

Scary Mommy said...

Why not just have lunch at two? If you're not hungry at noon, fine-- but don't binge at 2, EAT, girlfriend! (Not that I'm one to offer diet advice, as I'm currently blowing mine big time :))

fraizerbaz said...

Sounds like you need to keep some good snacks handy.

You know what I like? Frozen grapes. They freeze my tongue and make it hard to talk, but they are a great afternoon snack!

Also, Fry's sell the Kroger brand non-fat yogurt sweetened with Splenda. They have such a variety of flavors such as Cherry Cheescake, and French Apple Pie. Yummy! They are perfect any time of the day. Very filling and very good for you.