8.07.2009

I Went To The Movies... Alone!

I have never been to a movie theater alone, but today I changed that. I have been waiting for "Julie & Julia" to come out and was so excited to see it this morning! Some girly movies I can talk my hubby into seeing. (If there's a kung fu fight scene in between the make out sessions *ugh*) But this movie I knew he would not go for. So off I went, and I am SO glad I did. I loved this movie!!

Meryl Streep's hilarious impersonation of The French Chef, Julia Child is amazing. And Amy Adams is as sweet as ever.

It's about Julie Powell's attempt to cook her way through Child's culture-changing cookbook in her Queens, New York tiny apartment. Then flashes back to Child's years in France struggling to learn French and write a cookbook that taught America "Bon appetit!"

I am not a very good cook, most days I don't even like to cook. But this movie made me want to come home put on an apron and whip up something extravagent! (OK... I came home and ate popcorn, almost the same. Right?)

One of the coolest things about this movie is it is the first major motion picture that started off as a blog. I loved that. This was a wonderful "feel good" flick. I'm glad I took my lame, lonely self to see it :)

Hope you all have a fabulous weekend. Oh and Bon appetit!
au revoir, adieu, ciao, till next time...

Photobucket