8.07.2009

I Went To The Movies... Alone!

I have never been to a movie theater alone, but today I changed that. I have been waiting for "Julie & Julia" to come out and was so excited to see it this morning! Some girly movies I can talk my hubby into seeing. (If there's a kung fu fight scene in between the make out sessions *ugh*) But this movie I knew he would not go for. So off I went, and I am SO glad I did. I loved this movie!!

Meryl Streep's hilarious impersonation of The French Chef, Julia Child is amazing. And Amy Adams is as sweet as ever.

It's about Julie Powell's attempt to cook her way through Child's culture-changing cookbook in her Queens, New York tiny apartment. Then flashes back to Child's years in France struggling to learn French and write a cookbook that taught America "Bon appetit!"

I am not a very good cook, most days I don't even like to cook. But this movie made me want to come home put on an apron and whip up something extravagent! (OK... I came home and ate popcorn, almost the same. Right?)

One of the coolest things about this movie is it is the first major motion picture that started off as a blog. I loved that. This was a wonderful "feel good" flick. I'm glad I took my lame, lonely self to see it :)

Hope you all have a fabulous weekend. Oh and Bon appetit!
au revoir, adieu, ciao, till next time...

Photobucket

14 comments:

Yaya said...

Good for you! I always feel liberated when I do something by myself.

He & Me + 3 said...

I have never gone by myself either, but my friend goes all the time..because if she wants to see a movie...she sees a movie. Glad you enjoyed it!

Karin Katherine said...

Well, that is really interesting because the review in People magazine wasn't good. Glad you went to the movie and enjoyed it. I used to go to the movies alone in NYC all the time. But I'd go at night! You don't talk to anyone in the movie so its not that hard (once you try it and see for yourself) but eating alone in a restaurant is not something I'm comfortable with.

Martha in PA said...

Good for you. I went to see "There's Something About Mary" by myself. Tara was just one, and in day care, and I didn't have anyone else to go with me, so I took and afternoon off and headed to the movie. It was fun, I laughed so hard! I would definitely do it again if the opportunity arose!

blueviolet said...

I like seeing movies by myself! I hated it at first but I've gotten to where I like it!

Carrie said...

That is great! I don't have any trouble seeing a movie on my own...I haven't, yet...just haven't had the opportunity! Sounds like a good movie! Glad you enjoyed some time to yourself! Have a great weekend...and I wish I would cook, too! Some days are better than others...and popcorn is always a favorite meal around here!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

I love to go by myself...if my husband is out of town....love the quiet, the popcorn, ......glad to hear about this one....we will see it tomorrow...
Just blog hopping and found your blog....so glad that I did. I enjoyed your post and will be back to read more. I have a GREAT giveaway going through Sunday night...$100 Surprise Gift....with a little Christmas to go along with it.

A day in the life of Stacey.... said...

I am so inspired to go to see it alone... Hum maybe that will be my break out from my comfort zone post!

thatgirlblogs said...

I love going by myself! More popcorn!

Kelly said...

I've gone by myself before. I would rather go with someone, but really, it's a MOVIE. You are in the dark, supposedly not talking...

My daughter and I both want to see this one. Maybe tonight!

Bonnie said...

I am eagerly waiting to see this movie. I have been away so I'm not sure if it arrived here yet.

I am not sure if I could be brave enough to do the bit alone..smaller city and all ppl may talk..lol.

Penny Lane said...

No worries, hun. I go to the movies alone often, on my day off on Fridays. I find it very peaceful. I see what I want, and I don't have to share my movie popcorn, haha! Thanks for the review. I really want to see this one.

underthebigbluesky said...

i'm dying to see this but waiting for my mom to get back from vacation since we were going together.

if i was near you know i would have gone too!!!!

i went to see Titanic by myself. I wanted to go see it again and no one would go! You do feel a bit weird.

^..^Corgidogmama said...

Ohhh, just can't wait until this flick comes to Indiana. The trailers look so darn good, now I want to read the book too.