8.09.2009

I Can Be A Foodie Too! (well, kinda)

I love reading about my blogging buddies yummy culinary creations! I wish scrumptious aromas often filled the air in my own kitchen. Well, I've decided to do something about it. I too can document my fabulous food concoctions!

Today's assistant will be my lovely daughter
.


The delicatessen of choice? Box cupcakes, yum :)


Step 1: Turn box over and read the back, collect ingredients.
(after you chug a glass of wine)


Step 2: Pick out your cupcake cups.
(this will eliminate any unnecessary cleanup)


Step 3: Put cups into pan, arrange in a colorful pattern, a MUST!
(in my experience it makes the cupcakes taste better, i swear)


Step 4: Put packaged mix, eggs, water, and oil into large bowl.
(if you spill the powder as it comes out of the bag just scoop it off the floor and add to bowl, no one will know!)


Step 5: Make the hired help do the mixin'.
(watch her though, she can be a real messy cook)


Step 6: Time for a taste test!
(nothin' like some raw egg goodness!)


Step 7: Does it taste good? if it doesn't then abort immediately.
(OR finish the yucky cupcakes and give to a friend!)


Step 8: If it does taste good, then lick the mixer beaters!
(am I the only one who's tongue can't reach the center pole?)


Step 9: Admire your handy mixing skills, and thank the help.
(meaning bribe her with candy so she'll leave and quit eating it)


Step 10: Pour mix into cups, stick in oven.
*be sure to turn the oven on... VERY important.
(note the beautifully clean oven? the advantages of being a bad cook!)


Step 11: Banish the mixer the the "chamber of never used appliances."
(kind of like the "Island of Misfit Toys" without the island, or the misfit toys)


Step 12: Take out of oven and place on a plate to cool.
(be sure to keep out of reach of dogs. They like cupcakes on the counter... apparently.)


Steps 13 - 15 are not available due to next batch being left in too long, smoke detector going off and hands being burned trying to remove said burned cupcakes from the oven without pot holder. *ouch* No children or animals were harmed in the making of this post.

Good luck and happy baking!

au revoir, adieu, ciao, till next time...

Photobucket

20 comments:

Bonnie said...

I LOVED confetti cupcakes! and there is nothing wrong with a the packaged goods.

Cute post Lizzie.

Kelly said...

This is so cute! My daughter LOVES cupcakes...they are a terrific vehicle for icing!!

Stephanie said...

Thanks for the great photos! I love to bake with my daughter too!!

kimert said...

Man, I wish cupcakes were on plan! I LOVE cupcakes! Speaking of which, be sure to check my blog soon (THIS WEEK) for a new upcoming giveaway! :) It involves my two fave things - cupcakes (or accessories for such) and football!

Melissa said...

Oh Lizzie, that was Hilarious!!! I love your little humor, thanks for the laugh!

Yaya said...

Haha! I love it!! Especially the raw egg goodness!

Mom24 said...

Ouch! Hope your hand's feeling better. It sounds like it was a pretty good time otherwise. :-)

Penny Lane said...

Looks like you had a blast. They look yummy, too! I'm a cupcake-aholic, so this post hit home with me. Sorry your second batch wasn't so good. Maybe next time :D

Shannie said...

Pregnant women do not need to read the blog entries all about yummy food. Now I want cupcakes. Damn you!

Martha in PA said...

Oh no, I hope you are okay, looks like you had fun during the early steps!

He & Me + 3 said...

WEll atleast you have 12 perfectly yummy cupcakes. Cute pictures. My oldest loves to bake.

Kelsey said...

Confetti Cupcakes are delicious!!
You made them the best way...except for perhaps the burning LOL.

valentine said...

when you said you've decided to do something about the yummy aroma that others have, for some reason i thought you were gonna say you bought a candle! a cake scented candle. that's what i woulda done. LOL

i LOVE cupcakes, they are simply the best. i know they are just regular cake, but in tiny form, but they taste better as cc's.

Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) said...

Ooooh! Princess Nagger LOVES the Funfetti cupcakes! And she especially loves to help...and lick the beaters. :) LOVE all the pics - and the disclaimer at the end. ;)

this blessed nest said...

i agree...nothing like the smell of some baked goods in the oven. delightful!

i'll take a cupcake with extra frosting, pretty please.

this blessed nest said...

meant to also say...thanks for the sweet comment on the 'nest'. it always makes my day to receive comments.

but was thinking about eating some major sweets, while reading your post. ok. going to raid the fridge now.

J.J. said...

my kiddos love those funfetti cakes! They also dig cupcakes! Speaking of which...we should make some asap!!! New to your blog btw :)

Cherie said...

You are so cute! Loved steps 13-15 - hee hee.

I can't think of anything more fun than cooking with the kids!

My daughter would be in your kitchen if she could - Funfetti is her favorite!!!!

underthebigbluesky said...

thank God, we are still not the only ones who eat raw batter!

cupcakes YUM!!!!

Little Miss Baker said...

haha I love this post! You are awesome :)