5.20.2009

Dog Dayz...

My dogs are learning to adjust to the HOT weather. We had hot before we moved but it was south-eastern humid. Now we live in south-western dry, very different. Each dog has their own method of dealing with it, let's check it out!

Meet the characters: (oldest to youngest)

Louie LOVES splashing in his "puppy pool" and will actually play till he almost passes out! We have to dump the water out after awhile so he doesn't hyperventilate. He's such a weirdo.


Sammy, the strong silent type. He just wants a nice cool shady spot to nap. No frills, no tricks. Just concrete.


Jackson isn't sure what he likes yet. He enjoys checking out what the other dogs are doing and copy them. (as long as mommy is close by though)


Here they all are splashing around and keeping cool.


I wish my life was as simple as a dogs. *sigh* Maybe that's why we have 3, I'm secretly living vicariously through them, Ha Ha.

au revoir, adieu, ciao, till next time...

Photobucket

11 fabulous comments:

Carrie said...

OH, that is so cute! They look like they get along great...and that puppy is getting BIG!

We used to have a lab/mix and he loved playing in the hose...it was so funny. But Skipper does not care to be wet, or near any water! We try to get him in the pool, but not a chance!

Debbie said...

Cute photos! Love the pool.

kate said...

That is really cute! It is funny how each dog will have such a different personality! I am glad everyone is adjusting well!

♥spoiled mommy♥ said...

Oh goodness-the last pic....the ears make me giggle!! i loove it!
im back!!! back to bloggin & all my friends-gosh ive missed it & u guys!
thinkin about quitin the Q-shot.

nikkicrumpet said...

I LOVE your pooches. They are so dang cute. My little Ozzie will jump in the pool constantly. I had to spend a week teaching him how to climb out because I was afraid he was going to do it when we weren't watching and then drown. He will actually get up on the floaties and then just float around the pool...it's pretty funny. Crumpet would rather lay in the grass in the shade....but on hot days he'll get in the pool too. It's hard to swim when you have two dogs trying to climb on your back lol

Queenie Jeannie said...

LOL! Cute post!

Did you just redo your blog?? It looks beautiful and amazing!!! I LOVE the colors - so calming!

He And Me + 3 said...

I would guess it would be hard to stay cool there. Yikes. Thank goodness for fun little kids pools to keep the doggies cool! cute puppies.

Anissa said...

Love the puppies -- I have a four pound yorkie and he has alot of hair poor baby. He lays in front of the air condition. At night he lays on top of the covers by mommy and in front of the fan. The air conditions is on the other side of the room so he can't get to it. He use to snuggle but I guess it is getting to hot for that. LOL

Yaya said...

Awww! Cute furbabies! The puppy made my face do a frown for how cute he is!

Martha (FL) said...

All your dogs are awesome, but the boxers I just love!

underthebigbluesky said...

a pool!

abby would love that. i can just see one lab/husky mix and two girls in a kiddie pool now!

your dogs are way too cute.