5.18.2009

Kindergarteners & Nutjobs


What do you think about all the Pomp & Circumstance surrounding Kindergarten Graduations? The munchkin will be finishing up his kindergarten career this Friday, and while I am incredibly proud of him, I don't understand why these little people are being treated like they graduated college?! They have special outfits and hats they need to wear, they have a class party. That's all fine and wonderful. I am talking more about the overboard moms:

Graduation invitations to everyone in suburbia, catering companies called, party planners, photographers, everything! Some women have been planning their child's kindergarten graduation party for months! Doesn't that seem a little excessive to anyone but me?

My little man did a great job in school this year, even changed schools halfway through it. I am amazed at all he has learned and how hard he has worked. I have a great bag of goodies for him to celebrate including a bunch of books for summer reading, activity books and a few action figures he's been wanting. But what he'll also get is a very proud mommy and daddy!

I want my munchkins to know how important school is, but I also want them to understand there is more to come. I will throw the BIGGEST college graduation party you have ever seen, and you're all invited! But, not this year. Not for a 6 year old. Goodness.

What are your thoughts? (please take no offense if you planned a ginormous kindergarten grad party, every one is free to do whatever they want... i just might think you're a little loopy that's all, ha ha)

au revoir, adieu, ciao, till next time...


Photobucket