5.17.2009

The Heat? What Heat?

What do you do when your family moves to the desert and you can't afford a pool? You make a "jumping water park" of course! Here are my munchkins playing on our homemade contraption (A wiggle worm kid sprinkler attached with zip ties at the top). They LOVE it!

jump higher!


My bathing beauty: the mini-munchkin


my little stud: the munchkin

What you don't see... mommy sitting in a bikini (she would NEVER wear in public) lathered up in tanning oil trying to not look like a pail white non-Arizonian, with a glass of wine in hand of course :) I have pity on any of my neighbors who have a window that overlooks our backyard, what a sight they must have seen! Enjoy the heat, if you've got it!

au revoir, adieu, ciao, till next time...

Photobucket

20 fabulous comments:

Carrie said...

Oh, LOL! You're funny...I'm sure whoever saw you was thinking how cute you were! I've given up on caring what my neighbors see...if they can't take the glare from my white legs, they need to close their blinds...hee hee! But, yes, sunshine, please help me out...a little!

Super cute pics and very fun! LOVE the blog makeover...so pretty!
Looks like you had a fun weekend!

kimert said...

great pics!!!
your new design looks great. :) and thanks for the sweet comments on my latest post. keep up your hard work, too.

Kristen said...

That sounds so fun!

Anissa said...

Love the pictures --looks like so much fun. Me and one of my friends use to do that when we were younger.

Love the new look!

Have a wonderful Monday!

Carolee said...

I joined the YMCA the other day and wore a bathing suit in front of other for the first time in a zillion or so years!

Martha (FL) said...

It's dry heat though right? (Heat is heat.... I don't care if it is humid or not!)

Looks like fun! I will miss having our own pool since I WILL not put a bathing suit on in public.

Bonnie said...

LOVE LOVE The new blog look, the jumping water park and the new house!

Trying my darndest to get the power of music post up and having some issues!

Nat said...

Your a great mom when you can think of great ways of amusing your kids on a summer's day.
Good thinking with the sprinkler...Cheers
Enjoy the weather, here we are back to wearing sweathers...:(
The sun is shining but....somewhat cold.

E @ Scottsville said...

Hey, Lizzie! Quit hiding and come out in front of that camera. ha ha ha

I wish I was outside in the sun rather than sitting here in an office building. Blech!!!

=0)

American in Norway said...

Love your new layout...& your babies are adorable...(they look just like you!)

Yaya said...

I used to do that same thing with my trampoline as a kid! So fun!

Kelly said...

That looks like a blast! We used to live in Phoenix, there was a lot of sprinkler play! Sadly, we didn't have a pool...or a trampoline!

ModernMom said...

Would you be upset if I told you I was jealous of your heat?? I'm up here in Ontario Canada. It went down to minus 1 last night. we.had.frost. I have a pool, but it is not open!
Signed
Jealous of the sunshine!

Mom24 said...

What a wonderful idea! Good for you.

I love your new layout.

Tina said...

Love the new layout, Dear....especially like the background paper. Lala knows for a fact that the trampoline is really fun -brings out the "kid" in this grandma!

Tasha said...

Freakin BRILLIANT! Love the idea- bet the kids had fun!

He And Me + 3 said...

How fun for them. Soak up the sun while it is still cool. LOL This summer is gonna be a hot one.

nikkicrumpet said...

I can't wait until it's warm enough to enjoy an afternoon like that. And MY neighbors paid for and had a privacy fence installed for US! It was so very neighborly of them! Funny thing it happened right after the first time I went for a dip in our pool????

Mariah said...

we used to do that too! Loved it

underthebigbluesky said...

you are so ingenious!!! i love it.

and so i can picture you lounging with your wine and your tanning oil and wish that i was not here at work and there in AZ enjoying with you!!!!!