5.12.2009

The Sun

We have been sleeping in our new house for about 2 weeks now. Everyone is adjusting just fine. (except the puppy, he thinks this tile floor is for him to pee on... everywhere!) One thing I hated when we moved in but now love is the blaring sun through my bathroom window, that coincidentally shines right in my face every morning.


You are thinking "why would anyone like that?" Well let me explain: The birds are chirping outside, the dogs are snoring, the kids are sleeping and I am awake curled up in bed (thanks to my new friend Mr. Morning Sunshine) reading the news, typing on my blog, and catching up with friends via e-mail.

So the sun wakes me earlier then I would want to be awaken, but it is giving me some much needed quiet time, so I am thankful :)
I have figured I get about an hour of this bliss every morning and it is making such a big difference in my day. The kids are woken from bed by a happy mommy now. Not the grouchy "I don't want to be awake" mom, and I even have more energy to get my housework done! Weird isn't it what a little sunshine can do?

Ta Ta for now

Photobucket

13 fabulous comments:

kimert said...

My days go much smoother when the sun is shining on my way out the door. :) Glad you have a little sunshine in your day, too.

Carrie said...

That is beautiful! I know what you mean...amazing what even an hour or just 30 minutes to yourself in the morning can do! I just wish I could get up and do the same thing! That's great! Now, I need to go find some sun! hee hee!

kate said...

Oh, I HAVE to have LOTS of sunlinght throughout the house...I hate having the blinds down and walking into a dark room in the middle of the day. Unfortunately, our kitchen is in the back of the house where very little sunlight comes in and I sometimes have to turn on the light during the MIDDLE of the day...it stinks. But good for you to have made such a neat adjustment and to be enjoying it so much!

pam said...

The sun does wonders for a person's soul! Enjoy.

Debbie said...

You are a wise woman to find the joy in that sun. Good for you!

dood1ebugs said...

Let me know if you can comment back. I messed around with some stuff but I have NO idea what Im doing!!!!

E @ Scottsville said...

That's awesome!!!

And what a GREAT picture to give us a perfect feel for what it must be like.

Good job! Enjoy that quiet time.

Yaya said...

What a beautiful way to start your day!

Although I know I've had times I want to sleep in and I'm cursing the birds singing their beautiful songs. How dare they be happy??! ;)

Martha (FL) said...

I love the quiet early morning hours. I'm usually up early with the critters, so I settle in with my coffee and "Ruby" (my laptop) until Tara gets up. (Homeschooled right now, so no ugly morning wake up scenes!)

Elena said...

Sounds so cozy! I am glad to hear that you're settled in your new place. I would love to spend a little alone time in the morning, and maybe waking up with the sun is just what I need. Hope you're not roasting in the 100+ degree weather (yikes!). But you've got refrigerated air, while here with our 90 degree weather we have swamp coolers. Take care..

KC said...

so glad you are enjoying your time in the sun ;)

Queenie Jeannie said...

Your great attitude is contagious!!! :-)

underthebigbluesky said...

i'll try to think this way about the roosters across the road!