6.22.2008

SolesUnited, what a great idea!

My kids wear their crocs everywhere. These silly little shoes are easy for them to put on by themselves and if they get dirty all i need to do is hose them off. LOVE IT! Audrey and Zane have more shoes then anyone I know, more then me that's for sure. But did you know there are millions of people on our planet without a single pair of shoes? I love being barefoot, but I don't think I would enjoy it walking miles to the store on the hot ground.

Crocs footwear is trying to help this situation by taking old, worn-out Crocs and making them into new SolesUnited Recycled Shoes. To date, SolesUnited has donated over 1 million pairs of recycled shoes, and they hope to donate 2 million more in 2008. It is an amazing organization that helps so many people.

Here's the CEO of Crocs, Ron Snyder, explaining the program in this video:



I am so glad to have found out about this program. Now when my kids outgrow their summer shoes I will be donating them, I hope you do the same.

Ta Ta for now,

Photobucket