6.28.2008

Are we really this sensitive? Wall-E answers

Yesterday I was given the gift of "quiet time." Joe took the kids to see Wall-E, the new Pixar animation movie. I would have loved to go, seeing as this is the company i wanted to work for when I went to college for computer animation. (Hum, yeah that really comes in handy as a stay at home mom...) Since I had this time at home to enjoy myself I decided to read some reviews about Wall-E. Here's what I found out:

Apparently Americans are too sensitive and are afraid of the truth. OH NO! I WOULD HAVE NEVER GUESSED, AMERICANS BEING OFFENDED! RUN FOR THE HILLS!! People are getting all upset about a message this movie is putting out. Never mind that it is a wake-up call for the future. If we keep using all the earths resources we could be trashing our planet to the point of no return. In the movie people have moved away due to that reality. Everyone is focused on the other message in this movie. here is what one angry movie critic had to say,

"Wall-E...supposes that the human race of the future will become a flabby mass of pea brained idiots who are literally too fat to walk. Instead they zip around in flying wheelchairs surfing the Web, chatting on phone lines and stuffing their faces with food meant to be sucked down like milkshakes while unquestioningly taking orders from the master corporation that controls all aspects of their existence."

Over weight people around the nation are getting very offended by this. Um, hello? Am I the only one that sees this could easily be the truth for our future? Obesity is on the rise everywhere you look. I am not skinny either, but I take responsibility for why I am not the weight I want to be. Fast food everywhere, kids who don't have bikes but motorized scooters instead. No one walks anywhere anymore, we are totally dependent on gas for our cars to drive EVERYWHERE. And we communicate most of the time via the internet (I am very guilty of this as well.)

Why would people be offended by what is already happening? Last Halloween our family went to Disney World and it was amazing and sad to see hundreds of people riding those motorized wheelchairs. And it wasn't because they were handicapped, it was because they were too over weight to walk. OK, I am trying to not be insensitive here but... If you are over weight and you want to change that maybe you should not ride in a scooter everywhere, maybe you should be the ones walking.

I can't believe so many people are getting bent out of shape from a kids movie. If I have hurt anyone's feelings I am sorry, that is not my intention. I am simply pointing out my opinion. Now go out there and eat something healthy and use your legs!!! :o)

Ta Ta for now

Photobucket