7.31.2009

Ouch, Everything Hurts!!

*first of all, i LOVE this picture of Marily Monroe working out!*

If you follow me on Twitter, you will know that I have not been keeping up with my exercise routine over the summer as well as I should have. No... I won't give you excuses (although I have some real good ones!) because I was just being lazy. As a result to my fat butted laziness I have put on 4 pounds. YIKES, not good for a girl who was on a losing streak for months.

Well, gaining scared me, I have worked SO HARD to get to where I am. I still have about 30 pounds to go, and it was time once again to kick booty at the gym. Here's how my week went down:

Monday: Running/Walking 3 miles on treadmill
Tuesday: Running 2 miles on treadmill, Stregth Training
Wednesday: Running/Walking 2 miles on treadmill, Yoga
Thursday: Kickboxing class, Walking 2 Miles, Zumba class
Friday: Running/Walking 3 miles on treadmill

How do I feel? Every part of my body is in pain! My new kickboxing class sure put a hurtin' on me. This weeks worth of workouts wasn't too bad. I am out of shape though. I am amazed at how fast my body lost all muscle endurance, very scary. It shows me that in order to lose weight and keep it off I am going to have to work out forever!

Well there is my update. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

au revoir, adieu, ciao, till next time...

Photobucket

15 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

Good for you getting back into the swing. Hope you are back on the losing streak again soon. Sounds like you are back on that track.

kimert said...

you go girl!!! that workout schedule is tough! i have been a slacker all week and chalked it up to my race sat. and then hubby has been super busy with football so that has left NO me time at all this week. :( i am surprised i have not gained (running to knock on wood now)!!
keep up the good work!!

Martha in PA said...

Good for you... we keep getting distracted from starting our routine. Going to the beach early next week for a few days, so hopefully we will do some walking on the boardwalk (and not eat all the yummy boardwalk food) and beach!

I'll be at VGNO once I get home from work and dinner out of the way. Looks like a rainy night here in "Philly".

dood1ebugs said...

HOw did the dance class go? Did you take pictures? I would love to see it! Just kidding! Good job and getting back in the swing of things. I need you here to kick my butt in shape.

Cherie said...

Good Job Lizzie!!
I admire anyone who works out this hard and keeps at it even when they slip - You have some fortitude girl!!! Keep on going!!

Melissa said...

Way to go Lizzie! I wish I could be so disciplined...it's a tough one!

Karin Katherine said...

Wow, I am hurting just reading about it all. You go girl!

Martha in PA said...

YOU WON! Woo hoo, what a great reward for all your hard work this week!

Martha said...

But honestly, doesn't it hurt so good? I have to get back to some serious workouts myself. I want to be in pain too, LOL! Congrats on all your hard work and weight loss, and congrats on winning the other Martha's giveaway :-)

JennyMac said...

Congrats! Excellent work outs.

Yaya said...

Good job finding the motivation to get back into it!

lily said...

Hello, just dropping by to say hi =)

Lily @ [http://tricks-about-cashcrate.blogspot.com]

Queenie Jeannie said...

I'm a HUGE MM fan and I've never seen this shot!! And yes, I've swiped it!

Good job re-commiting!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!

Valeri said...

Well you are way better than I am! Good for you for having some discipline! And I agree - it is amazing how quickly we lose the endurance if we get lazy even for a week. I applaud you for your efforts in keeping it up.

Penny Lane said...

Yep, it's a life long committment, most definitely. I've been working out for about 12 years, and it's still not 100% habit for me. I will admit, once I get started, I'm ok with it, but it's the getting going that's hard. I'm proud of you for getting back on the wagon. Keep it up, you!