7.14.2009

Back Home! Nature Camp Edition

Each summer my munchkins go to Nature Camp at Blackbeard's Cove Family Fun Park. They have a blast learning about insects, protecting our planet, various vegetation, and all sorts of animals. Last summer I posted about their week of learning and this time around I have more pictures!

Both kids did things I didn't know them capable of. My son went hunting for "good snakes," while my daughter actually enjoyed holding bugs! It is really amazing how spending time out in nature can help a child grow.

A wonderful woman named Nana Butterfly runs the program. Since my kids had been to this camp before it was very cute to watch them run into her arms yelling "Nana! Look how big we got this year!"

I grew up going to many summer camps... wilderness camps, Girl Scout camps, Church camps, every kind of camp! I am glad to see that my kids enjoy this as much as I did :)



Thank you all for your wonderful comments while I was on a little break. I feel fully refreshed and ready for whatever life can dish out.

Life is back in full swing around our place, especially with school starting August 3rd. (Is that not the most ridiculously early date for school to go back?!) I have a bunch more fun vacation moments to share so stay tuned!


au revoir, adieu, ciao, till next time...

Photobucket

14 comments:

Martha in PA said...

Welcome back friend. You were missed. It is awesome that your kids loved the camp. Being 12, Tara is at "that age"...I can't get her to agree on anything.

Aug 3rd, that is even early than FL ever started.

ModernMom said...

What an amazing sounding camp!
(and August 3rd..yuckers...That's mid summer here.)

Kelsey said...

Your daughter is so much braver than I ever was! I had to do a science project involving bugs once and I used gloves...
Glad you had a nice and relaxing vacation!
I thought that FL kids went back to school early! August 3rd is insane! I think the earliest I ever went back was the 13th. You'll have your "you" time back again though, I suppose lol.

Yaya said...

That camp sounds like so much fun!

valentine said...

i always loved going to different camps each summer. other wise, i really think kids get bored. plus, it's nice to still be learning stuff, even when not in school.

glad you had a nice break!

blueviolet said...

August 3rd is so wrong!

I love that they were able to go to nature camp. I agree with you about how great that is for them!

Bonnie said...

Seriously Aug 3rd!!! You must have gotten out early or so I hope.

Glad to see your back.

Melissa said...

Welcome back! looking forwward to more fun pic's!

B said...

That looks like SO much FUN! We're leaving for vaca this Saturday! Glad you're back and btw I LOVE the song on your player.

kimert said...

Looks/sounds like a fantastic time!! Can't wait to see more pics. :)

Kelly said...

It's good to see you back and that you had a wonderful time!!

August 3rd? That is "this close" to being year round! Yikes.

Anissa said...

My kids would love that! They look like they had a wonderful time.

Tina said...

"Papa & Lala" miss all our precious babies already....we had such a great time enjoying every minute of your visit. Thanks so much for coming to hang-out with us. We love you guys SO MUCH!

underthebigbluesky said...

Seriously August 3rd???

I want to go to this camp! That's awesome.