7.05.2009

Lowcountry Rest

The munchkins and I are on a little vacation in the Lowcountry of South Carolina. A much needed time to relax, sip on some sweet tea and listen to Jimmy Buffett...

The history here is amazing, one could spend years and never see everything. I appreciate this part of American history so much more now that I've moved away from it...

The slower pace of life is interwoven into everything here, people even walk slower. It makes you enjoy things you would have otherwise missed going too fast...

The ocean breezes always bring a smile to my face. I love watching the shrimp boats and sailing ships coming up the waterways...

As you can see I am spending time relaxing and enjoying my family. I will be taking a little summer time break from my blog to "take it all in." I wish you all a wonderful sunny season!

*I will still be twittering, so feel free to follow along and say HI!*

au revoir, adieu, ciao, till next time...

Photobucket

20 comments:

Anissa said...

Beautiful pictures! Have a wonderful time. Talk later.

Yaya said...

How fun! I think you need a certain red-headed nanny to join you...am I right?

blueviolet said...

That makes me want to book a trip and how!

I went through Charleston last summer and had that same wonderful feeling.

Martha in PA said...

Enjoy your time! See you on Twitter!

~~tonya~~ said...

Absolutely beautiful! We are planning on traveling there next year. May email you for recommendations.

Melissa said...

Oh Lizzie - you enjoy your vacation...a little rest and relaxation, hmmm...sounds wonderful. And what a great place to be. Will miss you. Take care.

kimert said...

Lovely pics!! Have a great trip!!! :)

valentine said...

looks very beautiful! my IL's live in hartsville and i love visiting them, it is a little humid, but so nice!

hope you have a great and relaxing trip.

Kelly said...

Oh dear. I am a little jealous! I have never been down there, but I want to go!!

Have fun!

Ms. Sarah said...

great pictures. Where in south carolina?Paul has interviews in charleston monday.

lov said...

beautiful pictures
hope you have fun!

B said...

I lived in SC for 2 years - no where near the lowcountry though:( I lived in the crime riddled, flat, hotter-than-the-hinges-of-hell capital. I'd love to visit the prettier, more spectacular parts of SC - have some fun for me!

Juls said...

Looks like so much fun! :) and so relaxing.. have a good time.

JAN'S PLACE said...

the pictures are wonderful..just makes me want to come see all of it.

Have a nice relaxing time

Valeri said...

Hey Liz! Wow, it's been forever! Thanks for finding me and saying hi! Your blog is very tasteful. I love it. I'll have to keep up. :) Glad you're doing well!

Debbie said...

I hope you are having a lovely time.

passions and soapboxes said...

They walk slower because it is hot and humid. Beautiful photos, have a nice summer.

TattooedMinivanMom said...

I was just talking to my husband about how things are so much slower paced on the east coast then in socal. It's the only thing I know. But who couldn't use a slower pace? I know I could.

Sweet Serendipity said...

It's absolutely gorgeous! Have a wonderful time and watch out for the 'skeeters!

Scary Mommy said...

Looks gorgeous-- hope you're having a blast!!

Hey, did you finally get that gift basket?