3.31.2009

It's Coming Along

For all my home decorating updates click here.

I am on the home stretch, soon the interior of our new home will be painted and pretty :) I have never done well with plain white walls. So far I have painted the following:


The Munchkins room Gray
Office an Aquamarine-ish
Guestroom, 2 tone green and Ivory

Now all I have to tackle is the Mini-Munchkins room (pink of course) and 2 bathrooms. We have hired a professional painter to do the living/family/kitchen room. I am quite independent and like to do things on my own, but that area is just TOO big for me to do. I can't wait to get it all done so we can move in!

Our goal was to be in the house April 1st... Well, that isn't going to happen so now our goal is to be moved in there by May 1st. We just moved our entire lives all the way across the country 4 months ago so the thought of moving again doesn't make me all giddy inside. But a 2 mile move should be a lot easier then a 3,000 mile move, right?

OK, I need to quite dilly dallying and get back to painting.

Ta Ta for now

Photobucket

9 fabulous comments:

Mom24 said...

It looks very pretty. I hope things move along on schedule now. Good luck.

American in Norway said...

My laptop bites & I can't see the pictures... :( But glad it is coming along... We built last year & are STILL trying to get things finished... (I will come back later to see if I can see the pictures)

whereismymind said...

That's a lot of painting, sister! And, I'm sure it's all beautiful! I hope everything goes as planned.

Elena said...

Great job! You're smart: you're painting before you move in. Great colors, by the way.

Just A Mom (Call me JAM for short) said...

Color on the walls makes such a big difference. Good luck with everything!

TattooedMinivanMom said...

I painted both my kids rooms again last summer and each room took me about a week to get done.

KC said...

it won't be long now.. I can't wait to see the finished moved in pictures.

nikkicrumpet said...

UGH painting is such a pain. When we built the home we live in now, it was not in the budget or the time constraint to do anything but have the painter spray everything off white. After living with white walls for 6 months I thought I'd go insane. So hubby and I proceeded to paint all 4000 square feet of walls. I swear I'll never paint again...but dang it looks so much nicer. I can't wait to see pictures of your projects...it makes such a big difference in how the house feels.

underthebigbluesky said...

i so wish i was closer. i would have come over and helped you paint!

you are doing a kick butt job with this house!