3.20.2009

Music With a Message

I LOVE when music touches your soul, when a songs lyrics make you shed a tear and really think about the world around you. Maybe this is why I love folk music and underground inspirational beats. Artists like Brett Dennen who have important & moving things to say.

Brett Dennen singing Ain't No Reason (one of my favorite)



With that said, while over at Ann Again... and again, I saw this music video below and HAD to put it on here! WOW so moving, makes me want to walk down the street with my own sign of love and hope. With the crazy way our world is these days I think we all could use some hugs, or know someone who needs one.

Free Hugs Campaign with music by: Sick Puppies



I hope you all have a WONDERFUL weekend, now get out there and hug someone!



Today I am going to have a
virtual Girls Night Out!
wanna come? click below!

Photobucket


Ta Ta for now

Photobucket

17 comments:

♥ spoiled mommy ♥ said...

Oh love love love music.
its my life, it how i relate, and its always been my escape from reality.

Jasmine said...

I LOVE the video!!!!!!!
Music is my inspiration for everything I do!:)

Ann said...

Time to hug it out!!!

Thanks for being a part of the Virtual GNO! :->

Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) said...

Love the video! Thanks for stopping by my blog - it enabled me to 'discover' yours and I'm enjoying my stay! ;)

I'm also stopping by via Ann's...happy VGNO! :) Have a great weekend! :)

Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) said...

Oops! I wanted to amend my previous comment...I 'discovered' your blog earlier, but for some reason wasn't following...so I've fixed that little oversight... ;)

Cinnamon said...

Wow! What a great song! I'm embarrassed to call myself a music fanatic and admit that I've never heard of Brett before. Thanks so much for sharing!
Happy GNO!
:) Robin
cinnamon & honey

Just A Mom (Call me JAM for short) said...

Lovin' the videos. Thanks for stopping by tonight!

Happy VGNO!

Just A Mom (Call me JAM for short) said...

Btw, if Stacy's following..... I'm following too. She knows a good blog when she sees it!

Debbie said...

Great videos! Have a good weekend.

nikkicrumpet said...

Awww I loved the free hugs video. There is nothing yummier than a nice warm hug! Thanks for leaving me feeling warm and fuzzy! Have a wonderful weekend yourself...and heres a BIG HUG!

Elena said...

Awesome-- I discovered Adele through your blog, as well. Now I know this second video is by the Sick Puppies. Take care.

Kat said...

I loved the hug video too! Have a great VGNO!!

Grammy said...

Just checking out the party hopping. I have never done this one. nice to meet you have a great day!

Yaya said...

Brett Dennen plays on my sirius radio "Coffee House" cannel a lot. Great voice.

Queenie Jeannie said...

Thanks hun!

You have a super great weekend too!

Amy said...

Thanks for stopping by last night. Have a wonderful weekend.

underthebigbluesky said...

i love brett dennen SO much. he was my most recent itunes addition.

and i love the free hugs video. i cannot believe i didn't hear about this before!

okay, two girls hugged!

thanks for this!