12.05.2008

You're Gonna Miss this...Moment, Childhood Friends

This week I was thinking about the friends my kids had to leave when we moved. Will they still be friends when they grow up? I am sure most will not be (it's the truth.) But then who will stay with them always? Who will be there by their side as a groomsman or bridesmaid someday? I miss the moment of watching them play with these great kids already. And I can't wait to see who they meet here on this new chapter for our family.

Claire, Katelyn, AJ, Stella, Savannah, Hunter, Kent, Rachel... You are my moment this week, the impact you kiddos have made in my kids lives, Thank you. We miss you guys :(

Sharing a chocolate shake


Trick or Treating


Play date time


And since we're on the subject of childhood friends, I thought I would share with you my childhood friend Teasa. I have quite a few friends from childhood, but she has been around the longest :) We did (and still do) get into too much trouble together. Here we are the last time we were together at a yummy pizza place. The mini-munchkin slid into the picture too.




This "You're Gonna Miss This...Moment"
inspired and linked back to
Pam @
You're Gonna Miss This . Remember to cherish every
moment
God has given us.



Ta Ta for now

Photobucket
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Pam said...

very nice moment... in this world of internet, one day your kiddos may meet up with these kids again... i know that james has met up with a little girl we were friends with 15 years ago in Germany on facebook... it's not the same as growign up together all your lives, but it is kinda cool! thanks for linking up! and your comment... i am sure almost all of us are missing someone this christmas...

Mrs. S said...

thanks for stopping by yesterday! I appreciate all the kind comments.

Queenie Jeannie said...

Beautiful!

We're a military family, so moving often is just part of the "gig". It's really hard to keep those friendships going over the miles and the years. But it IS possible!! I hope you all make some new friends soon!

Hugs! And thank you for the bloggy love....it's been a real tough week so far over here.

Mom24 said...

Hope you all start making good friends soon. I'm sure it will be hard to leave old friends behind. At least it's easier to keep in touch now with the internet, phones, email, etc. Good luck.

TattooedMinivanMom said...

It's always tough at first to make new friends. But if you pay them enough money, they'll come around.

nikkicrumpet said...

I'm sure they'll make new friends that will be special too. My best friend lives in Texas and I only get to see her every 4 or 5 years..but we email and talk on the phone and our friendship is still strong. Who knows they might even reconnect with their old pals. I hope you're loving your new life!

Kelsey said...

I bet you and your kids will be making new friends in no time! Thankfully with email and facebook, you can still keep in touch with the ones you left behind and maybe they'll even come to visit you!

I loved the last picture, it makes me wonder if my best friend of 16 yrs will come and visit me when I have kids!

He And Me + 3 said...

It is always fun and scary to start a new chapter in life, but it shapes us into the people we will eventually become. Your kids are gonna miss their friends, but will for sure make new ones. You can never have too many friends. Those were great pictures too!

KC said...

So sad to have to leave friends, but they will be making new friends in on time and your be making new memories.
I loved all those pictures.