12.12.2008

The Gingerbread House That Could

Last weekend we went to a cute little tree lighting party in our new neighborhood. The kids had a blast. There was a gingerbread house making station and my munchkins went straight there.


After these lovely homes were made there was a catastrophe... The mini-munchkins house fell apart. Now normally this would have been no big deal, but we are talking about my very dramatic little girl here. This small issue turned into a HUGE meltdown: screaming, tears, red-faced crying. Needless to say, no one wanted to talk to the "new people" with the crazy child and frantic mother!

A few days after this event we came across a kit for making spectacular ginger bread houses at the local grocery store. I decided to get it and hopefully put that cute smile back on my mini-munchkins face. This kit was AMAZING!! If you all remember, I am culinarily challenged, and look what I was able to make!

It's a miricle I tell ya. and it didn't even collapse *shocking* Yay for us!



The kids had such a good time "helping mommy" make the ginger bread house. And by helping I mean eating all the candy that went astray and licking frosting off of every possible surface in the kitchen :) I think they are going to be sticky for a week!

I just love Christmas, and I think making gingerbread houses will be a tradition we do every year, now that we found a way to make everyone enjoy it.

Ta Ta for now

Photobucket