11.06.2008

Road Trippin'

12 days and counting till the big move! My mom and I were talking about how stressful prep work has been for this move. Amazingly difficult on some things (like customer service utility calls), way too easy on others (like my hubby getting the perfect job!). I remember moving many times as a kid, and even as a young adult... without kids, husbands, dogs, etc. it all seemed so easy to "pick up and leave." I am learning that moving an entire family is something completely different. *sigh*

I can't wait to hit the open road!

I LOVE road trips!!! I have driven across the US twice and have done many partial trips. The best part is seeing the scenery change from state to state. It really makes you appreciate everything this wonderful country has to offer. We will have a big trip this time... South Carolina to Arizona.

I am so excited about this part of the moving process. I hope my kids enjoy it too. My goal is to let them have limited "electronic time" (you know, DVD players, Video Games, all that stuff) and actually learn something about the US along the way and enjoy themselves.

Part of our trip will have us cruising down old Route 66, this will be my favorite part. I've found fun little 60's theme diners to stop and have a "Blue Plate Special", and funny road side attractions to keep us entertained during those LONG hours on the road. I really do hope there isn't too much whining and complaining while we drive along the US highways. If they enjoy it as much as I do, maybe we can make family road trips an annual family event. We'll see...

I am just hoping for no sibling fighting in the backseat along the way. Any advice on road trips with young kids?

*Stay tuned for road trip nightly updates once we hit the pavement!*

Ta Ta for now

Photobucket