Yesterday I turned the big 3-0. A few days ago I was practically hyperventilating in my bathroom looking in the mirror saying "I'm 29, in a few days i'll be 30! 30!! AAHHHH I'm going to be 30!!!" I was seriously freaking out. And that gray hair popping up in my hair wasn't helping a bit. Then the big day arrived, and something happened... I was excited! WHAT?! What had felt like an ending of an era the day before now felt like a beginning.
Speaking of beginnings, here I am some 29 years ago. And yes, I still love me some Oreo cookies!
Here are the top ten reasons turning 30 is AWESOME!
10. I have a wonderful husband & 2 amazing kids
9. I have my own sense of style all my own (thanks Target!)
8. Life is GREAT (contentment is the best!)
7. Getting carded makes me smile :)
6. Laugh Lines (only a few i swear)
5. I don't need to find myself anymore, I know who I am
4. I'm still younger than most of my friends!
3. I get to join a whole new demographic group for marketing surveys (yippy!)
2. 5 more years and I can be President! (VOTE for LIZZIE!)
1. 30 is the new 20!
So you see, it's not so bad :) I had a great birthday with my family. Here's a little music for you all: