12.12.2010

The Christmas Tree & Its Ornaments

O Christmas Tree, O Christmas tree,
How lovely are your branches!
O Christmas Tree, O Christmas tree,
How lovely are your branches!
In beauty green will always grow
Through summer sun and winter snow.
O Christmas tree, O Christmas tree,
How lovely are your branches!


A beautifully lit tree looks so good in a home at Christmas! Of all the decorations I put around my home, the tree is by far my favorite :) Each and every ornament tells a story; my babies hand prints, our first home, the past & present, Santa's fame...

I have a few favorite ones I would like to share with you:


This pretty unicorn was given to me as a baby from my grandmother. Every time I unwrap it it reminds me of Christmas mornings at her home growing up, moments I treasure so much. 







These beautiful gold ornaments my other grandmother gave me over the years. Now that she has passed (on Christmas) It helps me know that she is still with us in spirit. 




Nothing beats ornaments made by your kids! A few years ago my munchkins made these at a pottery store. I love looking at their scribbled paint strokes & remember when they were smaller. 



This was given to me by my great aunt & uncle just after my husband and I were married. It's fun to think of all the holidays him & I have shared and the many more that are a head of us. 


This concludes a trip around my Christmas tree. What are some of your most favorite holiday decorations? 




au revoir, adieu, ciao, till next time...
Photobucket