12.26.2010

It's Like MTV Cribs!

I have no clue if MTV Cribs is still on Television, in fact... I have no clue if MTV is even still on Television! My TV programming mostly consists of Disney Channel, Nick Jr. and Sprout these days. But if you ever saw this ridiculous show about pop stars and rappers showing off their 50 custom built cars, their gold toilet seats and the ocean view from their 10 story mansions, you've seen their fridge too. Yup, that's right. Inevitably every episode they would waltz over to their refrigerator and show off what was inside.

Well guess what? I'm not a rapper. (Shocking, yes I know, I come across as so gangsta sometimes!) Do you want to see my fridge anyway? Sure you do!


Look at all that good stuff! Trust me, it hasn't always looked that way (remember, my way too young hubby who almost had a heart attack last week *eek!*) We have gutted the fridge and pantry of anything dangerous for him. Meaning all the sugary, fatty goodies. Now it's filled with Salmon fillets, locally grown fruits and veggies, organic yogurts, Edamame, flavored waters, natural peanut butter, healthy eggs and much more. Oh and a little yummy Champagne to keep me sane. ha ha.

This dietary change has been so easy when my husbands life is on the line. We've had so much fun discovering new recipes and weird new foods we didn't even know existed! Like these yummy snacks:


Yellow carrots! WHAT?! That's so cool! Sure I know it's a little stupid to be excited about carrots of another color. But when you're limited on what you can eat the small changes make a big difference. And they taste so good too!

OK. hummm... I guess this isn't really like MTV Cribs, but I hope you had fun peeking in my refrigerator. I am always looking for new ways to cook a vegetable so any ideas you have I'll take'em.

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and if you maybe ate a little too much around the table with family or while baking cookies for Santa then eat your veggies!

au revoir, adieu, ciao, till next time...
Photobucket

5 fabulous comments:

Melissa said...

Now that is one clean fridge! Seriously now, can you come and clean out mine!? Good for you all to go ahead and change up everyone's diets. That is what we all had to do too about 3 years ago now...it has been a blessing, my hubby does all the cooking!!! During the day at work I eat all my junk! and come home to the health junk!!! I'm awful! Shhhh, don't tell him! But my kiddos are growing up eating the right way and for that I am sure thankful, since I grew up on mac-n-cheese and cold hot dogs and doritios!
Happy New Year to you all and blessings to you on your new journey! Love Ya!

Debbie said...

Your fridge looks delicious! I'm glad the dietary change hasn't been too hard on your family.

He & Me + 3 said...

Looks good to me. All that fresh stuff. Love it. My daughter just walked up behind me and said...our fridge never looks like that. LOL

Kimberly said...

I'm committing to adding at least 1 serving of veg/fruit to our diet each day. We eat fairly well, but I'd like to "kick it up a notch" and need ideas...will you post some of your successes with clean food?

Queenie Jeannie said...

Your fridge looks great!!! I love seeing all those healthy fruits and veggies!!

Email me your snail mail address, and I'll send you a complimentary copy of my cookbook. It's not just for losing weight but also for healthy eating and maintaining healthy blood sugars and lower blood pressure!