2.23.2009

Emma and Jane Austen

Something about Jane Austen...

I am watching "Emma" for the 100th time tonight on DVD, and I always walk away from these wonderful stories with a smile on my face. What is your favorite Jane Austen Novel? Mine is and will always be "Pride & Prejudice" although the movie about Jane, "Becoming Jane" comes in as a close second. I long for a more romantic time in history when love was all that mattered and full bodied women were the norm :)

I hope you all have a good night.

Ta Ta for now

Photobucket

7 comments:

Kelsey said...

Actually I've haven't read anything by Jane Austen in a LONG time. I read "Pride and Prejudice" when I was around 10 and I don't remember the story. I should read it again when I finish "Jane Eyre". I'm on page 10..

underthebigbluesky said...

Was just thinking about re-reading Austen again.

I loved Becoming Jane, but I'm an absolute freakazoid for James McAvoy, so I thought it was just me.

Ems and I did English country dancing this summer at a festival and it was so much fun.

I agree with you on the wanting to go back. Ahhh dreams!

Anna Lefler said...

PRIDE AND PREJUDICE and you just reminded me that's it's been waaay too long since the last reading of it!

I'm off to pant over Mr. Darcy in his hot knickers. [sigh]

XO

Anna

MindyLew said...

I have to say Pride and Prejudice is the only one I have read and since I have found blogs on the internet my stack of books to read have just been sitting on my desk collecting dust!!

Queenie Jeannie said...

I love Jane Austen too, but I'm GLAD I'm not living in her times!! Women had zero rights and it was a hard to live in!! My favorite is Sense and Sensibility.

Smores for Breakfast said...

I LOOOOVE Emma! And, I looove P&P! I love the book also surprisingly love the movie too. Favorite! I seriously bawl at the last few minutes when keira knightly and the dude kiss. love it! I'm such a sucker for any and all Jane.

Yaya said...

Eek! I haven't read any! Don't hate me!