2.28.2010

Peace Found


Our lives have so many different paths and moments to choose from. For me there have been 2 distinct paths lately: On one hand there was fast paced, ladder climbing, excitement, money making, consumerism. On the other hand was slowed pace, quiet, simplicity, doing with less.

17 months ago I convinced my husband to change his job location for a more exciting, better paying position. We left "small town America" for the exciting city life. It was fun and the new position allowed my husband to be home more often. But the fast pace of life didn't seem to mesh well with our family. We longed for walks on wooded paths and quiet star filled evenings. 14 months later we packed up everything, leaving the city behind to return to what I thought would be a more boring existence.

Moving back to the small, simple life this time around has brought a fresh perspective of what's important. I don't long for busy, loud, ever changing days. I find solace in the cool still mornings, in the forest adventures my kids and I now share.

I am often amazed at how ones perspective can change so drastically just by having a clearer view. I know this post means nothing to some of you, heck, I may even have confused some of you completely! But to me this new found peace is everything these days. My children and I have started a huge vegetable garden, I am pondering getting a few chickens (who doesn't want farm fresh eggs all the time?!) and life is slow. The key here is for once in my life I am truly content. My little piece of heaven is right where I am. It's silly, all this moving and changing to come right back where I started...

This is not just a moment in my life to be missed or cherished, it is everything coming full circle and finally making sense.

Yes my blogging has been effected by these changes, but it's because I am soaking it all in and trying my best not to miss one single moment!









au revoir, adieu, ciao, till next time...

Photobucket