2.28.2010

Peace Found


Our lives have so many different paths and moments to choose from. For me there have been 2 distinct paths lately: On one hand there was fast paced, ladder climbing, excitement, money making, consumerism. On the other hand was slowed pace, quiet, simplicity, doing with less.

17 months ago I convinced my husband to change his job location for a more exciting, better paying position. We left "small town America" for the exciting city life. It was fun and the new position allowed my husband to be home more often. But the fast pace of life didn't seem to mesh well with our family. We longed for walks on wooded paths and quiet star filled evenings. 14 months later we packed up everything, leaving the city behind to return to what I thought would be a more boring existence.

Moving back to the small, simple life this time around has brought a fresh perspective of what's important. I don't long for busy, loud, ever changing days. I find solace in the cool still mornings, in the forest adventures my kids and I now share.

I am often amazed at how ones perspective can change so drastically just by having a clearer view. I know this post means nothing to some of you, heck, I may even have confused some of you completely! But to me this new found peace is everything these days. My children and I have started a huge vegetable garden, I am pondering getting a few chickens (who doesn't want farm fresh eggs all the time?!) and life is slow. The key here is for once in my life I am truly content. My little piece of heaven is right where I am. It's silly, all this moving and changing to come right back where I started...

This is not just a moment in my life to be missed or cherished, it is everything coming full circle and finally making sense.

Yes my blogging has been effected by these changes, but it's because I am soaking it all in and trying my best not to miss one single moment!









au revoir, adieu, ciao, till next time...

Photobucket

21 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

That is awesome that you know exactly where you are supposed to be. Sweet picture.

fraizerbaz said...

Yes, Lizzie, it's very difficult to go for walks in 115 degree heat. :-) I'm sure jealous!

By the way, I'm having your gal Jenny at Pink Armchair Designs give my blog a little bloggy makeover. She should be installing it very soon. I'm so excited!

Martha in PA said...

Excellent post. Maybe it is the state of the country, the economy, etc but I think SO many people are coming to the same conclusion. Coming back to the simple life in so many ways make sense! It took me awhile longer, but I too came back to where I started, and I realize that all the THINGS that we had wanted, lusted after were just that - THINGS that in the end may have made us happy/content for a few moments, but not for the long haul! I wish you all the best in your new life! I've missed you!

Cherie said...

Lizzie I have to say that is the best thing I have heard all year!

When you can find joy and contentment in your life from your family and your home I think you have reached a certain peaceful utopia!
So many people think they have to have a million dollars or a mansion to be happy, they are never satisfied with their lives and spend the whole of it looking for happiness that was right in front of them all along.

I am so happy for you and your family!

Love the picture too :D

Mom24 said...

I think it's always admirable when people can see something's not working for them, act on it, and take steps to fix it.

I'm very glad you've found peace.

Tamara aka Cheapskate Mom said...

Aww this was inspiring! I can't wait until it gets warmer so my boys and I can enjoy some great moments too!

Tamara aka Cheapskate Mom said...

Aww this was inspiring! I can't wait until it gets warmer so my boys and I can enjoy some great moments too!

Melissa ♥ Spoiled Mommy said...

hey darlin!
ok, im so angry that I havent seen any pictures yet!! lol
im so happy that you are back home and happy...it took us so long to get used to the "country" after be born and raised in the city and living 30 years there but now, we will never go back. i love the slower pace of life.
glad you are back around...ive missed ya!

ModernMom said...

Oh you sound like you are exactly where you are supposed to be! :) How wonderful!

Kelly said...

I am so happy that you are happy!! A garden sounds wonderful. Many of my friends have chickens and LOVE them. Have fun!!

Penny Lane said...

Discovering what it is that truly brings you happiness, is one of the best feelings in the world. It's what makes us want to hang on when times get tough. I'm glad you've discovered those things :)

The Housewife said...

" I don't long for busy, loud, ever changing days. I find solace in the cool still mornings, in the forest adventures my kids and I now share."

How lovely. :) And I can certainly relate to picking up and moving to a strange place!

Carrie said...

That is wonderful Lizzie! I love the sweet, peaceful picture...sounds like things have really evolved :) I think you're all so brave to try the fast-paced life and move out of your comfort zone and then get the great opportunity to move back "home"! Take it easy and enjoy these slow-paced days! :) Great moment!

kyooty said...

Whever you get another blogging moment, I have a meme for you! :) Award or sorts, or you could call it me being nosy and wanting more to read :p

KC said...

I'm glad you are happy.. this was a beautiful post.

Midwest Mommy said...

Awesome! It must be a great feeling!

Melissa said...

You have an amazing heart Lizzie, so glad your back where you belong :)

Elena said...

You're in a good place! I'm happy for you, Lizzie.

Debbie said...

Good for you for living life so fully! That is wonderful.

fraizerbaz said...

Hey, I'm just stopping by to let you know there is something for you at my blog. :-)

http://fraizerbaz.blogspot.com/

Take care!

kate said...

What an amazing feeling it must be! Congrats to you in having the courage to change your lives for the greater chance of happiness!