3.23.2010

My Big 7 Year Old!

My munchkin is growing so fast! He recently turned 7, I am in shock at how fast time truly does fly. We celebrated the occasion by having a Mad Science birthday at the South Carolina State Museum. Friends and family joined us for the festivities. I love that my son enjoys science so much, something he did not get from his mother :)  I was always the artsy type while my husband has always been the math/science kind of person. I like to think the mud pies and day dreaming are thanks to me, ha ha.

The kids at the main entrance of the museum, ready to PARTY!


Munchkin and Mini-munchkin making science goggles

 
science experiment time with daddy!


no candles were allowed so grandpa used the lighter on his iPhone, so funny :)



All the party kids


being attacked by JAWS!

my hubby, myself, lala & papa with the kiddies


It was such a nice birthday party. The museum did a fabulous job. We had a scientist do cool experiments using the kids as willing volunteers. I always love when you can mix in some learning into the fun.


au revoir, adieu, ciao, till next time...

Photobucket

5 fabulous comments:

Cherie said...

Looks like alot of fun and what a cool museum!!!

The lighter app is so hilarious. My husband and I recently went to a concert and he got his "lighter" on his phone going. ha ha Remember the days when everyone would actually flick their bic.

Twinkies said...

It's cute how your son looks just like your husband and your daughter is the spitting image of you.
That's the kind of party I want. Maybe I could talk my husband into throwing me one. But only if your dad comes with his "lighter".

Kelly said...

Big 7!!

That looks like a great place to have a birthday party! What fun!

Carrie said...

What a FUN birthday! Doesn't 7 seem so much older? :( Alex will be 8 in July! Waaaaah! haha!

The kids are super cute and what a great idea for a party! Alex loves science too and Emily is more artistic like me :) Dan's the brains of this family! Cute, cute pictures!

Calista said...

Just stopping by to say hi! Im blogging again! Hope to see you around!