5.29.2010

Is It Summer Yet??

School is on it's last week for the kids. Their excitement is cracking me up. I remember counting down the days as a kid for school to be out. 20 more days left! 8 more days left! 3 MORE DAYS LEFT! I must have driven my mom crazy.

Last summer the kids had a great community pool within walking distance, the summer before we had our own above ground pool, this summer... nothing. What will my water babies do?! I'm such a spoiled brat when it comes to water. I have always had a pool, or lived close to the beach, or had a best friend with a pool :) Not sure how we'll survive. Yes, I am aware I'm whining, sorry.

So what am I going to do to keep us all entertained when the sun is hot and boredom has kicked in?

We have a few trips planned, the biggest being to Disneyworld, and a couple little trips to visit my parents. Other then that we'll be at home. My goal is to not let the kids get sucked into the "boob tube." I really don't want their brains to turn to mush from staring at the screen for 15 hours a day. Oh, trust me, there will be days when i'll say "just go watch the TV for goodness sake!" But what will I do during the idol times? Hum... I think this will have to be my most creative summer yet. I'll let you know what we do to keep busy, once I figure it out that is.

Have a super fabulous summer everyone!

au revoir, adieu, ciao, till next time...
Photobucket