10.18.2009

Hello From The Trenches!

Hey Everyone! How have you all been? Geez, I have missed the "blog-sphere" but have also enjoyed the break. What has been going on you ask? Most of you were correct in your guess that we are moving. I couldn't come on here and talk about my husbands job hunting till he had something firmed up, heaven forbid someone from his current job found out and we were jobless because of MY blog. I would have never lived that down!

OK, on to more important things...

Where are we moving? You will never guess, nope not in a million years...


Spanish moss, warm southern rain, small town...



Good fried chicken, millions of mosquito's, front porch rockin'...



Green growth everywhere, humid nights, fireflies...



Friends, family, home...



Is any of this ringing a bell? Obviously we're moving back to the southeast, but the plot thickens, we're moving back to the SAME TOWN we moved from to get to Arizona!? How crazy is that?

I wanted more for my children then I thought a small southern town could offer, but what I have come to realize is we had it all to begin with. Great friends, a great community, life was good. Luckily my hubby's old job has wanted him back since the moment we left, so getting a position there was pretty easy (it's an even better position than he had before we moved!).

Doesn't the saying "The grass isn't always greener" come to mind? ha ha

Now for the yucky, not fun stuff... Trying to sell our home. I LOVE this house, you all know the time we've spent painting & decorating it. It's perfect, just in the wrong place. I really wish the tornado from the "Wizard of Oz" would pick my home up and drop it down in South Carolina. But, that won't happen, bummer. Our house is on the market now, we've had a few lookers but nothing has come of it yet. Also when we get back to SC we have to rent for awhile, not a big deal for most, but you try renting a home with 3 dogs!!! Impossible.

There is a lot on our plate right now, so far I have dealt with the stress pretty well. I've only had one melt down in a restaurant parking lot sobbing into my hubby's arms. My hubby begins his new (old) job in December, if the home doesn't sell by then I will be staying in Arizona till it does with the munchkins and pups.

Please keep us in your prayers for an easy transition and guidance as life once again takes another crazy turn in our life. And if you know anyone looking for a home in AZ let me know *wink wink*


*pictures from Hartsville - The Art of Good Living web site


au revoir, adieu, ciao, till next time...

Photobucket

24 fabulous comments:

Yaya said...

How exciting! Oh I hope it sells!!!!!! Fast!!!!!


Do you have friends or family that can keep the dogs until you get a home? That will make finding a place to rent a bit easier.

Good luck! Very exciting!

Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) said...

How EXCITING! Well, most of it... ;) Hopefully you'll sell your house quickly so you won't have to stay in AZ when your hubby starts his new job. SC is very cool - we've visited friends there before, after you're all settled in we'll have to see if you're near where our friends live! :)

Yaya has a good idea - is it possible any of your friends or family in the area can babysit your dogs while you have to rent?

Good luck with that full plate! :)

He & Me + 3 said...

Moving is so exciting but you are right you do have alot on your plate right now with trying to sell. I will for sure say prayers.
Glad you are back.

blueviolet said...

I have missed you sooooo much!!!

I like that your path is calling you home but I do hope your house sells quickly so you don't have to be alone too long. I did that when we moved here. I think I was alone for about 4 months and then I just said the heck with it and moved.

I will pray for you and I'm so glad you're back!!!!!!

Melissa said...

So glad things worked out with your hubby and his old job...and that you could share with us. I will pray for you and your family Lizzie...take care!

♥ Spoiled Mommy ♥ said...

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!
Somewhat closer to ME!!!
I knew from the first hint!
Those pictures are awesome...so tell me the exact place you are coming back to.
Im so excited for you....prayers are sent your way.

kimert said...

You've been missed, girl!!
Good luck with the house selling. I will def send quick selling vibes your way. I hope your move goes smoothly. I am only slightly bummed you won't be near me though! I am so happy you will be with friends and in a great community you are familiar with! :)

Jan's Place USA and Mt Forest Pictures said...

Oh my gosh, yes you are in my prayers, moving is crazy.. and so is being apart. We have lived the two state thing... no fun!

I pray a buyer comes and falls in love with your house, like you love it!!

Ms. Sarah said...

so where you coming back to? We will have to do a meet up when you come back. Many prayers

robin said...

Wow! Very exciting! Wish you lots of luck with everything!

Bonnie said...

Yes I have missed you too!!

Glad to hear your moving back where your heart is. Dont' beat yourself up if you have a meltdown, you are under alot of stress right now.

Glad your back.

Martha in PA said...

Funny, we both left home for greener pastures... and found out that it wasn't that much greener!

Welcome back! I missed your updates, but I had an inkling!

You will be CLOSER to PA!

Good luck with the house sale. I know you put a lot of work into decorating, it seems like you just finished and were posting pics not so long ago!

ModernMom said...

Sounds truly exciting! Looking forward to all the updates and good luck selling your house!

Cherie said...

Congrats on the new job and moving back to the old/new town.
I don't know where it is but I think small town livin' is where it's at!!
I hope all is successful!!

Ann said...

You and your family will be in my prayers. I just know that things will work out.

Someday I want to visit South Carolina. It looks so-o-o-o beautiful :->

Glad your back in the "blogosphere" :->

Ali said...

Oh wow! I will pray for you, I know it would be hard to have to stay there without your hubby. My mom had to stay with us when we moved from CT to Ohio when I was 8. Our house took 9 months to sell. It was really hard on me, I couldn't sleep over at my friends' houses because I would get home sick, missed my dad, etc. And it lasted for a long time after we moved to Ohio too! I hope your house sells real quick!!

Just A Mom (Call me JAM for short) said...

How exciting for you and your family. Yes, the lesson for all of us is the grass is not always greener on the other side. Thanks for sharing and reminding us of that! My thoughts and prayers will be with you that all things go smoothly. Even in the best of situations, it can get a little crazy at times! Keep focused and enjoy the ride...

Elena said...

Wow! You never know where life's going to take you. Congratulations..home is where the heart is. I'll keep you guys in my prayers and hope that your house sells quickly.

Queenie Jeannie said...

Wow, that's big news!!! I know everything will work itself out because it always does! We spend so much time worryin' and stressin' and it's all for nothing!

Hugs, prayers and huge congratulations to you all!

valentine said...

you are moving to hartsville? no way!! how exciting. it is such a nice area.

MindyLew said...

They say you can never go back home - But I am so glad I returned to my home town!! I think we don't appreciate it until we have to be somewhere else. Give me the good ole "southern" home anytime!!! :}

Kelly said...

Good news!! I will be sending home selling vibes your way.

I had a feeling...

kyooty said...

YAY! for job hunting going well. I'm praying all goes smoothly.

Mom24 said...

My daughter's best friend's family moved away for a year then realized there heart was here and moved back. I really admired them for being able to see what they wanted and go for it--ditto for you. I hope the house sells--quickly. : )